Who Has a Santa Cruz "RS" ?

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion Who Has a Santa Cruz "RS" ?

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Silly Moustache
      Participant

Hi folks,

So far this is my only SCGC – a 2012 built sitka/hog.

I believe that relatively few of this model ave been made , but I’d like to know if anyone else on this forum has one, and if so … specs? and pics ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8siRUD0pOE

mmm – how to you attach images on here?

ol’Andy

Chrisakadigdog
        Participant

Hey Andy,    I had a 2008 RS that had a 1 13/16”nut and a E to E  of 2 5/16”.  The neck profile was a very comfy shallower depth ,low profile wide C type.. It really was a very comfortable neck considering I lean towards a. 1 11/16”

Tone wise it was a beast . Grand piano presence. Lush n full.

At the top of reply box there is a picture icon to the far right end of that bar, Tap it and the option box appears

Tap the camera shape icon at far right ,   your choices to attach from should appear..  Once you select a photo it takes a minute or so for it to appear..    There is a resizing option at the bottom   I key in 400 x 600 to keep sizing of photo a decent size.   Hope that helps

Hank
          Participant

Hey Andy….Your voice and the guitar both sound terrific…….I can’t help you about the RS….But if You send me your address I’ll make sure that SCGC sends you a SANTA CRUZ GUITAR COMPANY HAT to wear while you play your VS ….(.Insert smile of an old man here.)

Always nice to see you on this Forum.

Silly Moustache
              Participant

Hi Zorro, (loved you in the movie with Katherine Zeta Jones btw !

I’m very touched by your offer to get me suitably “hatted” when I play my SC guitar. Sadly, I don’t seem to be able to send you a private message. The format of this forum is very different to other forums that I frequent.

I wold like to be suitably “adorned” and would love to give you my address as a private message somehow, and, of course, to compensate you for the item.

Regards,

Ol’ Andy

Hank
                Participant

On its’ way…wear it in good health.

From one old cancer survivor to another…..”Never Give Up “

Silly Moustache
                  Participant

Gosh, Thanks, let me know how to pay! A

Hank
                    Participant

If you go before me….just send me the hat……AND the RS….then we’re square !!!

Silly Moustache
                      Participant

Zorro! The postman rung twice this morning.

He delivered a box with a GREAT hat- I’m so grateful! Pics to follow! Thank you!!!

Acoustic Soul
                      Participant

Your playing is really nice!  Great vocals and the guitar sounds great.

I have an OM Grand and my next desire is to get a VS or RS… I’m not sure which one I will pick.  I love the sound you’re getting out of that.  I don’t know what strings you have on there, but based off the sound of it it seems like you should try out the Santa Cruz Medium Tension strings… it would really compliment that guitar based off of what I’m hearing and my experience with them.

Wish I did have one

Thanks for posting, that is the sound I need in my life to go with this dense sophisticated OM Grand, it makes me miss dry woody thumpy guitars

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Acoustic Soul.
                        indexless
                        Keymaster

Nice Playing

it’s kind of like a cello, this is Eric Skye’s custom VS, kind of the same with 14 fret access, Eric played Take Five on my RS for his DVD about 7 years ago, I think I sent Zorro my only copy and he could confirm, I’m sure Eric has some

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by indexless.
                            Hank
                            Participant

Eric plays a song “untitled” on the DVD Called Eric Skye “On the Sonoma Coast”. The playlist shows that being the only song on the DVD where he uses the RS. I did not want to post the tune without his permission….maybe Indexless can do so.

Chrisakadigdog
                              Participant

That is a beautiful rendition Eric plays there!

Hank
                              Participant

Our late Friend and “Senior” Forum Member Alex Austin playing his 2010 SCGC VS backing my wife on some “Front Porch Appalachian” music…..Lord we miss him and his SCGC RS and OM/PW

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Hank.
                                  Hank
                                  Participant

I missed typed …it IS an RS on the recording

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Hank.
                                  indexless
                                  Keymaster

Please post it! It’s a GREAT example of the RS, amazing how the world has changed, I was there recording that weekend with Tad as well and I don’t have a copy of the DVD….crazy world

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by indexless.
                                    Silly Moustache
                                    Participant

I’m going to attampt to post an image again :

Silly Moustache
                                      Participant

Ah, thanks folks!

tadol
                                        Senior Moderator

I’ve only seen 2 RS models, and I spent alot of time looking, ‘cause the specs are near ideal to me –

Great sounding guitar – nice little video. But yeah, just gotta change the hat –

😉

Hank
                                            Participant

A SCGC ball cap is on the way to him……..

Silly Moustache
                                            Participant

Hi folks, me again.

Natcherly I love my RS, but sadly I don’t love the Ameritage case. Yes it is safe in there and it came across the ocean safe and sound from  …New Hampshire (I think)  – but I am old and nearly dead and find it just a tad too heavy.

I’ve been thinking about buying a new (cheaper) case for it, but of course the RS is all about the depth – 4 & 15/16″ at the butt and 4″ by the heel.

Just wondering – does anybody have a Gibson j45 that they could measure for me? ‘cos I could probably find a case for one of them.

Chrisakadigdog
                                              Participant

MY 2000 J45.   4 3/4”-3 7/8” TAIL BLOCK – HEEL.

Silly Moustache
                                                  Participant

Long time in replying – but thanks Chris – doesn’t look lke I could “drop” my RS into a J45 case.

Oh well back to weigh lifting at the gym (which I do anyway).

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.