Where we play

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • Author
      Hank
      Participant

I have always enjoyed seeing Paul’s ‘Music” room when he posts Pix of his Play area.

I’ll show you mine if you’ll show me yours !!??

Hank
        Participant

Hank
          Participant

Really ? Crickitts ???

Anonymous

I’m not sure how to go about it. I have to have a source? Guitar Room

Hank
              Participant

Very nice…..Thanks for showing.

Dannymeeg
                Participant

Home studio

Dannymeeg
                  Participant

Guitars!

Hank
                    Participant

Thanks Danny…Man, you put a lot of thought into that desk Mate !

Dannymeeg
                      Participant

Thanks for noticing Hank! I wired the midi keyboard and the monitor controller in to the drawers.. I have a slight obsession with neat cable management! 

Hank
                          Participant

Danny,

I know a Mate in Athlone whos business is IT installation in homes & business….his Uncles house in Athalose looks like your desk.

indexless
                          Keymaster

Danny, my electric space is always changing, it would make you crazy I think

Dannymeeg
                            Participant

Hahahaha! Well my home studio is also my home office so I have to keep things pretty neat!

Is that a Laney amp? ?

indexless
                              Keymaster

It’s my home office as well, fortunately nobody comes over and if they do they know what they are in for. Yes, it’s a Laney Cub12R that I’m really stoked on right now, lots of very nice tones at respectable levels, great EQ and I love the “tone” knob, kind of a presence on an old Fender, love that chime

Dannymeeg
                                Participant

I had a cub 10 years ago and I really regret selling it. I think I’ll have to get another one. The natural breakup was just lovely! Brilliant amps!

indexless
                                  Keymaster

the natural breakup is fantastic, I think it’s the EL84’s and I have a rippin set of Telefunkin’s  right now. It sounds great with both buckers and single coils.  I think the 3 12AX7’s and the 2 84’s work really well together and not as limiting as an AC 15, I’d love to have a Cambridge from 64, one in my neighborhood, I’m hunting it down.

The first pedal is a crazy russian fuzz that just slays and the pedal before the looper is a Klon

Dannymeeg
                                    Participant

Sounds like a lot of fun!! I think I popped a mullard in the one I had! Oh man…. I’m going to have to keep an eye out to see if I can pick up a cub! ?

Hank
                                      Participant

Man , Indexless…..It take a lot of S#$t to play an electric.

indexless
                                        Keymaster

Wire, wood, some magnets and glue get’s it done

Hank
                                            Participant

AAHaaaa ….. how far up the Mountain ?…or how far out to Sea will the wire stretch ????

Don’t need no “Bum(something) “Tone Knob” to go Au Natural….. Wood, steel and “The Human Hand”….and Ear…..but maybe the Magnets change the “Dynamic”????

bert
                                            Participant

Well, I’m enjoying this thread very much, thanks Hank.

I have two places in my home:

My five flattops and one archtop are stored in my office. (see pic)

My DAW is located in the Bonus Room. I was reluctant to post this because my desktop went south in recent times and my Digital Audio Workstation is down until further notice. uhhhdamn

Over a period of a few years I pieced together a fully functional multi-track home studio for acoustic recording. I have used it for many projects of my own, also friends might send me a rhythm/vocal track they wrote and I diddle around until I ‘might’ find a lead/arpeggio track to add and send it back.

Mostly I use it to develop my own writing, attached is a link to one of my short acoustic rhythm guitar track with a lead guitar overdub. This one happened in about 5mins, some take forever and hang in limbo until they find neverland. Part of the creative process I’ve learned.    bert

indexless
                                              Keymaster

Sweet Bert. I live in 900 sq ft, with a Great Dane puppy and a wife who works at home, I’m so jealous….

Hank, it’s too much for me, the stuff just works together

Hank
                                                Participant

Nice Playin Bert….Y’all would be welcome down here any time…..HotLanta ain’t that far north of me.

Indexless…..Me thinks you are a bit too humble.

tadol
                                                  Senior Moderator

I can play this game! Here’s my “music cave” where my band gets together to play. Plus I let a few other people come by and practice if they want –

Dannymeeg
                                                    Participant

Oh wow Tad! That’s super cool… I wanna come over and play 🙂

Hank
                                                      Participant

Holy Disco Ball Tad…..Dee says I’ll have to build a new room on the house now that she sees yours.

Hank
                                                        Participant

AND…..I notice that “The Jacket” is also well displayed….and ready to put on when the mood suits.

tadol
                                                          Senior Moderator

Any time y’all are in Oakland – gimme a shout –

haasome
                                                            Participant

Nice Tad. I think you have room for 6 or 7 more guitars on the upper shelf in the first picture!

– Paul –

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by haasome.
                                                                tadol
                                                                Senior Moderator

Yeah, um – thats only the guitars at the warehouse – the “nice” ones are still at home, filling up a couple closets (to my wife’s chagrin) –

Hank
                                                                  Participant

I thought the herd looked a little thin……I remember pix of your closets at home.

bert
                                                                  Participant

Tad, when I saw your pics, my first thought was Daryl’s House.. you got it goin’.   bert

Chrisakadigdog
                                                                    Participant

Hank
                                                                      Participant

Wonderful Chris….. What’s the story on the Congas ??

Like me you have tile on the floor…… I love the reverb…LOL

Chrisakadigdog
                                                                        Participant

Used to play a lot of conga drums in the early 70’s and 80’s for party’s and modern dance groups.    Love me that killer salsa music.   Cal trader was big in my mind.  Mongo Santamaria, Willie Bobo.

Matt Hayden
                                                                          Participant

My 10×10 office/music room is feeling mighty inadequate in comparison to some of these spaces 😀

But there is a certain amount of good music that emanates from it from time to time.

Chris, I didn’t know you played congas!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Matt Hayden.
                                                                        Viewing 30 reply threads
                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.