Wanted poster obtained

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion Wanted poster obtained

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Hank
      Participant

As usual when one has a question about anything SCGC there is one answer…..CALL CAROLYN SILLS.

As I have made clear I have wanted to obtain the SCGC Poster that features a F cutaway . Like the one Tad shows in his “Artsy” photo of his latest aquisition .

I was led to believe that they were out of print and not available anymore.

Taking a chance(while ordering sets of strings) and enjoying a conversation with Miss Sills about a possible custom build, I asked her about the “Wanted” poster. She said she would search….she emailed me back that evening and told me she had found a “Few”. She said they had a small crease on a lower corner but would be fine if framing.

$36.00 from my PayPal account and it’s on it’s way.

Is there really ANYONE better than our favorite Cubs Fan…. Thanks Carolyn.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Hank.
        Acoustic Soul
        Participant

No, she’s the best 🙂

Chrisakadigdog
          Participant

Top of the Mart    She’s a one in a million sweetheart of the SCGC rodeo.

haasome
            Participant

Here’s mine, thanks to Carolyn.

– Paul –

Hank
                Participant

Very cool Paul….you have a wonderful playing spot.

tadol
                Senior Moderator

Wish I could find a frame that fit it so nicely! Did you have that custom framed?

haasome
                  Participant

Tad — yes, I brought it to my local frame shop and had it professionally matted & framed. The mounting cost almost 10x the original cost of the print, but it was well worth it to me. Great job. And by coincidence I discovered one of my ex-students owned the shop, so that was a bonus.

– Paul –

Hank
                      Participant

Paul…… The poster arrived yesterday from Carolyn. Took it my friends frame shop……Yep almost exactly 10x what I paid for the poster  and shipping!!! Dee says “I hope you look at that poster a lot.”

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Hank.
                        haasome
                        Participant

Well, I guess you could hang it over your bed to show how much you like it! 🙂

– Paul –

Hank
                          Participant

Nah…Then I’d have to take down the mirrors !?!?

tadol
                          Senior Moderator

Mine is in a “standard?” Poster frame – its a couple inches too large in each direction, but not evenly or proportional to the poster. Its keeping it clean and flat for now.

I think custom framing is a bit pricey, but the price is the least of my concerns when I go in – there are so many darn options for frame sizes, designs and colors, then all the matting options, and even 4 or more glass choices – I get completely overwhelmed. I don’t really love my frame, but for a reasonable price, it was done –

Viewing 6 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.