Value of my favorite guitar

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      aztec506
      Participant

Hey folks,

Need to update the value of my Santa Cruz OM Koa on my homeowners policy.

It’s a close to mint OM Koa serial # 523.  I’ve got the receipt somewhere around here but can’t put my hands on it quickly.  It was made in the mid 1990s, koa back and sides with a standard spruce top used in that period of time.  Gold tuners, beautifully aged top.  When I bought the guitar new from Mandolin Bros I did not notice a small ding on the neck.  I’ve since had that repaired and the local shop did a decent job fixing that.  Other than that there’s hardly pick wear or any imperfections.  While having the ding fixed I had some minor fret wire filed down.

Anyone have any ideas what that might bring on the marketplace or for sale in the used department of guitar shops?

Thanks for any help!

sdelsolray
      Participant

Having an appraisal from a professional guitar appraiser (e.g., long-time owner of an acoustic guitar store) is really what is needed, particularly if you schedule the item at a stated value, have replacement value coverage or ever have a claim.

Hank
      Participant

Any time I have needed a replacement value for insurance I have emailed Carolyn at SCGC . I have provided them the Serial # of the instrument and the have emailed me a “To Whom It May Concern” letter reflecting the current replacement value.

1993 Martin HD-28 IR/Sitka
      2001 SCGC F Cutaway Maple/German
      2008 SCGC OT Madi/Italian
      2015 SCGC OM “The Tree” Hog/ European
      2016 SCGC 1934 D45 Braz/ Adi
      2016 Taylor K62 CE Limited Edition 12 string all Koa
      2019 SCGC FTC Granadillo/Redwood
      Life is a journey…not a guided tour,
      The Bay,The Gulf Stream , The Open Ocean are particular about who they share their secrets with.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Hank.
      • This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Hank.
      aztec506
      Participant

Thanks for the replies!  Seems like in the past I have done just what you mentioned Zorro and Carolyn has always been helpful and quick in her responses.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.