Update on podcast with Michael Gaither

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion Update on podcast with Michael Gaither

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      indexless
      Keymaster

Hello Forum,

Here’s some very exciting info on Michael, check it out

“See You On the Other Side” won the Singer/Songwriter category in the 2020 Great American Song Contest. Michael’s songs “Hey Karma” (Americana) and “Little Angels Everywhere” (Adult Contemporary) were finalists in the contest.

Let’s congratulate him

tadol

Well deserved  Michael!  Congrats and hopes for even more recognition of your talents in the future – Hopefully, you’ll never get too famous to join us for another podcast!  But if you do, we’ll still be big fans –    😉

Lots o’ SCGC guitars! But never ask which is my fav

bert
      Participant

Just got a utube listen of ‘See you on the other side’, big congratulations for your excellent work.  Also enjoyed the Podcast with the forum, best wishes.   bert

Michael Gaither
        Keymaster

Thanks, Bert! Much appreciated. Here’s the video, if anyone’s interested. 😉

And BIG thanks to Richard Newman for producing the video. Love when he and I get a chance to collaborate on projects like this!

bert
      Participant

~15yrs ago I belonged to a songwriters group here in N Atlanta.  Technology was so primitive in those days compared to what you and Rich are doing these days.  Watching your video gave me great memories of the songwriting collaboration process from days gone by.  Nothing but the best to you and…. you got a peach there with Rich Newman.   best regards, bert

Michael Gaither
        Keymaster

Hi Bert – Richard says you’re in Australia these days. Any chance (I know it’s a big place) that you’re within earshot of 96.5 Inner FM in Melborne? Colin Fielding on that station has been super supporting of my music. Thanks again for the kind words.

bert
      Participant

Don’t know where Richard got that bit of confusion.. I’m in ATL, GA.  Although, I did spend a week between Sydney & Queensland about 30yrs ago.  Fell asleep in the Sydney Opera House, couldn’t wait for the fat lady to sing.. hee.  bert

indexless
      Keymaster

Bert,

I’m lucky if I can find my way back inside from the backyard, sorry for any confusion…..Check out the video for Michael’s video for this, at least I showed up for that

Is that GREAT guitar store in ATL still open?

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by indexless.
      bert
      Participant

Rich, no problem.  GREAT guitar store in ATL?…. you must mean Maple St Guitars, owned by the Petsch family.  Yep, they have been a SCGC dealer since forever and are great friends to me and all in ATL.

You and crew did a great job on Michael’s video, good touch by all, very entertaining and timely.  bert

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.