Tsunami in Santa Cruz

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Hank
      Participant

Every one OK in Santa Cruz ? Saw some video of flooding in SC Harbor.

Shop OK ?

iim7V7IM7
        Participant

It was a 1’-2’ tsunami. I am certain the shop should be fine. Tonga, where the eruption occurred is > 5,300 miles away.

Chrisakadigdog
          Participant

Got my big board out and an old beater guitar for a paddle. Cowabunga

Hank
              Participant

Hang Ten Moondoggie……..Does salt water age the guitar top and give it better sustain ?

Chrisakadigdog
                Participant

It definitely makes me ear drums ring more

Daniel
                Participant

Glad to know the tsunami was gentle on ther CA coast!

D

bert
                  Participant

Monterey Bay is such a special place.  When I was living in Santa Cruz I worked with a guy who owned a Cal25 Sailboat.  I would crew for him on Wed regattas, lived about a mile from Steamer Lane, etc…. unique and special is the only way to describe.  bert

indexless
                    Keymaster

That it is Bert, the edge of heaven and the pathway to hell on Holiday weekends 🙂 ….no I love all the tourists

Matt Hayden
                        Participant

>> …..no I love all the tourists

For values of ‘love’ that include screaming and yelling and leaving town when they invade – right?

Hank
                        Participant

…..no I love all the tourists……

BS Big Mon…. I to live in a tourist area….we call em Snowbirds……This time of year we stay home and entertain close friends.

We moved off our sailboat 25 years ago to live in a small fishing/tomato/ strawbery growing community on the S.W. Coast of Fl.

Then we were “Discovered”……….But with all of the $$$ that has been invested here……We still don’t have a really good Guitar store, although some of the biggest names in music/ recording /entertainment winter just down the street from me…… I guess Bentleys/Ferraries/Range Rovers and Rolls are more important.

indexless
                          Keymaster

Monterey is a very special place but I live west of there in Pacific Grove……..I think it’s the only place in California where I can see the sun come up over the ocean and set over the ocean. The issue becomes that there are only 2 ways in and out of town. During the “tourist times” it can take close to 2 hours to go the 1.5 miles to Monterey and back, Carmel and anything southbound is a trip to Gilligan’s Island. We have so many people who want to share this wonderful place that they are loving us to death. A trip to Big Sur on the weekend is 6-8 hours, on Tuesday morning, it’s 45 minutes…..Yes we love them but we don’t have any places for them to spend money…….we got a long way to go for sure…..sorry for the rant

bert
                            Participant

Rich, just a wee bit southeast of you is one of the greatest golf courses and most beautiful places on the planet.

This is my son and daughter on the 18th tee at Pebble Beach Golf Links ~1978.

Like you say on Tuesday morning a casual drive around the peninsula without the tourist… worth it totally.  bert

indexless
                              Keymaster

And just south of that is Big Sur, and I wouldn’t live anywhere else

Viewing 9 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.