Spectrum Strings on Koa 12 string.

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion Spectrum Strings on Koa 12 string.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      zorro
      Participant

Put a set of Sepectrum Bronze w/ silk wrap .010-.o50 on the Taylor Koa 12 yesterday. Tuned down D to D.

I think Elixers were on before.

The Spectrums are very clear with less overtones…….slightly less sustain but better note separation .

NO buzzing in D to D tuning……….much louder in standard 440 than previous strings.

Barre chords are same feel……maybe slightly more finger pressure needed for “clean” notes with the Spectrums.

BY the WAY…..restringing a 12 string is WORK. The Spectrums are supposed to be the longest lasting/playing available…..I hope so…..Spectrums are made in Austria and are not inexpensive.

Wonder if SCGC will produce a 12 string set…..I would try those.

All in all I like them.

1993 Martin Custom HD-28 IR/Sitka
      2001 SCGC Custom F Cutaway Maple/German
      2008 SCGC Custom OT Madi/Italian
      2015 SCGC Custom OM “The Tree” Hog/ European
      2016 SCGC Custom 1934 D45 Braz/ Adi
      2016 Taylor K62 CE Limited Edition 12 string all Koa

The Bay, The Gulf Stream, The Open Ocean are particular about who they share their Secrets with.

tadol
      Participant

I’m gonna need new strings on the 12 sooner than later – I’ll see how you feel about these in a month or so –

Richard said baritone strings and a 12 string set were on the drawing board, but I’m sure he has his hands full getting the shop back up to whatever will be considered “normal” –

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.