Some Guitars Y'all might be interested in

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums Recording Studio Some Guitars Y'all might be interested in

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Hank
      Participant

These are the first professional recordings I have ever done and I was nervous as hell.
        Just sat down and went S.O.C.. only one take as I did not have the guts to do more.
        I can sail a sailboat through a hurricane but the Microphones scared me to death.
        I just wanted to give an idea of what the Ramuda sounds like.
        Please forgive the missed notes and chords…..putting this out to you professional musicians is daunting.

Hank
        Participant

Recording specs.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Hank.
          indexless
          Keymaster

Zorro…..thanks for posting this, great playing, great sounding guitars…cool info….come on kids, play along

Hank
            Participant

Thanks Mate……I’m still scared S-less at the thought of doing that again…….I like sitting on my back porch and playing for myself.

Hank
              Participant

Just a Note about strings on the guitars.
                SC 1934, Martin and SC F….SCGC Mid Tension.
                OM and H O.T. . SCGC Lite Tension.
                ALL strings were put on guitars 3 months ago within a day of each other.
                I would guess about 10-15 hrs. of play time on all sets.
                The SCGC strings are well worth the money.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Hank.
                Daniel
                Participant

Look at it this way zorro…  Now your family will have a record of you doing something.  They’ll know that’s you when the play it.

I was adding an emando part to a track a couple months ago.  Just a little harmony part.  Didn’t even go into the Studio.  Sat in the control room.  Oh man.  Talk about red light fever!

I had to pretend I was on stage to let go of the fact I was sitting in the control room!

You can pretend you’re anywhere you want to be when you record.

🙂

Daniel

Hank
                    Participant

Daniel….I’ve heard you play….you CAN play anywhere.

Daniel
                      Participant

Kind of you to say zorro.  Thank you!

D

bert
                      Participant

zorro, you”ve got some very good rhythmic chops. All three guitars sound excellent with you driving. I understand how you feel, sometimes it can be daunting. About 20 years ago I joined a songwriters group that featured a number top amateurs and pros, shaking like an ice cube on my first go. It does get better as you move along.

thanks for the cool tunes, bert

Chrisakadigdog
                        Participant

I especially like the sound /tone of the OT. GOOD JOB MATE.

haasome
                          Participant

I just came across this thread. Not sure how I missed it. Beautiful guitars, nice stories and very nice playing Zorro.

– Paul –

Viewing 8 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.