SCGCs on Rhett Shull’s YT Channel

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion SCGCs on Rhett Shull’s YT Channel

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Daniel
      Participant

Rhet Shull’s most recent video features three SCGCs.
      And Noah Guthrie is wonderful.

Enjoy!
      Daniel

Chrisakadigdog
      Participant

That was a an entertaining and informative watch.  My favorite tone wise was the SCGC spruce /mah om

For him and leaving room for his voice the SCGC spruce rosewood let me hear his voice more

Thanks Daniel

Hank
      Participant

Yea , I agree with Chris. The Spruce/Hog sounded like a better blend with his “Songwriter” voice…at least to my ear.

The Galliger was a sweet sound and well bassed.

would have like to have heard the SCGC Maple and the Galliger as a duo.

1993 Martin HD-28 IR/Sitka
      2001 SCGC F Cutaway Maple/German
      2008 SCGC OT Madi/Italian
      2015 SCGC OM “The Tree” Hog/ European
      2016 SCGC 1934 D45 Braz/ Adi
      2016 Taylor K62 CE Limited Edition 12 string all Koa
      2019 SCGC FTC Granadillo/Redwood
      Life is a journey…not a guided tour,
      The Bay,The Gulf Stream , The Open Ocean are particular about who they share their secrets with.

bert
      Participant

Thanks for the link Daniel.  The fundamentals of mahog always seem to get my vote.  bert

Hank
      Participant

Just wondering about strings on this video. I may have missed it but do they talk about what strings are on the Galager. I assume the SCs have SC mid tensions as they are OMs, but whats on the Galager?

The reason I ask is that I’ve been playing my maple F today and thanks to Chris I have discovered that I like the Elixer P.B. 11/52 custom lights on it more than the SC mids.

On the F the elixers give a much “Jazzier” voice that my Good ear likes.

Everything that is said in the Video about the Color of the tone woods (inside the instrument) may be true….I repeat “may” be true. but what about the strings ??

Just curious if the store guy took that into consideration ? Did the Player ?

1993 Martin HD-28 IR/Sitka
      2001 SCGC F Cutaway Maple/German
      2008 SCGC OT Madi/Italian
      2015 SCGC OM “The Tree” Hog/ European
      2016 SCGC 1934 D45 Braz/ Adi
      2016 Taylor K62 CE Limited Edition 12 string all Koa
      2019 SCGC FTC Granadillo/Redwood
      Life is a journey…not a guided tour,
      The Bay,The Gulf Stream , The Open Ocean are particular about who they share their secrets with.

bert
      Participant

Hank,

you might call Righteous Guitars (678) 735-3115 and ask the guys who made the video. They are on the NW side of ATL and I’m on the NE side (hours drive), don’t really know anybody there but, they are a friendly bunch is the word from a good friend who trades there.

note: you may want to try the new D’Ad SX strings, much like the Parabolics but diff, they are on 3 of my guitars at this time and :).   bert

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.