SCGC VJ vs Collings CJ demo

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion SCGC VJ vs Collings CJ demo

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by bert.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      bert
      Participant

Maple St Guitars monthly newsletter came today, thought this might be of interest to the forum.

Since I own one of each it caught my attention. Main diffs in this demo is that my VJ in Sitka and my CJ is Red Spruce (adi).

Daniel
      Participant

Thanks for sharing the video, bert.

Not news:  The SCGC every time.
      Collings guitars just sound tight to me.  The SCGC has a deeper ‘smile’ curve in the EQ (more bass and brighter treble).

🙂

Daniel

bert
      Participant

Daniel, I completely agree, the VJ just nailed that demo. I’ve been playing both builders for 15+ yrs,

Collings are always tighter new, then, in time they settle in. My CJ never caught up with my VJ until I recently put on the SCGC Parabolic Norms, but even then they are still very diff vibes.

I have been about to sell the CJ a zillion times but the SCGC strings have changed that,

thank you SCGC.  bert

btw – (I know John doing the demo, Maple St has some fine guitar players and they love some SCGC)

indexless
      Keymaster

Nice Bert…thanks…I didn’t know Maple Street had a branch in Australia

bert
      Participant

Rich, I’ll ask the Maple St owners if they has started giving Didjeridu lessions… huh?

eeee yea, bert

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.