SCGC Fire update 8-20-20 5:30

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion SCGC Fire update 8-20-20 5:30

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      indexless
      Keymaster

Greetings all,

I spoke with Richard on his way home this evening, he has sent all workers home and buttoned up the shop.

I will make a personal statement here, but Richard Hoover is a holy person. His perspective and attitude, with the amount of personal and professional pressure presented to him at the moment is to be admired and respected. This man made your guitar with that same focus, we as owners are blessed with truly magical tools, play your guitar tonight for Richard and all SCGC staff, they are directly in harms way. I’ll update this information as I can. Here is the Cal Fire link for updates, it’s as current as we can be without seeing it in the backyard.

https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/

Hank
      Participant

I have gone outside tonight and played all my instruments……with respect for Richard Hoover and ALL of you in California……Please do the same for us…..The storm track of the current TD is the same as Irma……”It Is What It Is “.

I have been tracking storms for 40 years…. I have been at sea through four Cat 3s  and 2 cat 4s on a boat ,and 3 cat 4s  here at home.

Life is always an adventure….there are NO guarantees ….

But the gods will always protect those who are creators of music

Fair Winds,

Hank

Fair Winds

1993 Martin HD-28 IR/Sitka
      2001 SCGC F Cutaway Maple/German (For Sale)
      2008 SCGC OT Madi/Italian
      2015 SCGC OM “The Tree” Hog/ European
      2016 SCGC 1934 D45 Braz/ Adi
      2016 Taylor K62 CE Limited Edition 12 string all Koa
      2019 SCGC FTC Granadillo/Redwood
      Life is a journey…not a guided tour,
      The Bay,The Gulf Stream , The Open Ocean are particular about who they share their secrets with.

Matt Hayden
      Participant

Here’s hoping you’re all safe.

We can smell the smoke but the fires aren’t that close to us (yet)

Old 97
      Participant

Bill Coulter, guitarist, teacher, and long time Cruz player lost his home in the fire.

Home

https://www.gofundme.com/f/rebuilding-what039s-been-lost?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1&fbclid=IwAR0iBcc5z6l90r8Xxbd2jugfOXlBYh126VCTJnBNjm9lx-gTGwSkstLwkbo

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Old 97.
      • This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Old 97.
      haasome
      Participant

Very sad indeed. I will appreciate updates when possible.

– Paul –

Daniel
      Participant

It has probably been a full year since I un-cased my ‘1942 Bluegrass D’.  I did today.  Dropped the low E to D and sang Going to California.  The guitar sounded huge (after an hour of banging on it to wake up the Adi top) and beautiful.

Thinking of everyone in harm’s way.  California deserves better than it’s getting right now.

Stay safe everyone, and here’s hoping the fires die out as soon as possible.

Daniel

indexless
      Keymaster

Thanks Daniel….I’m sure RH and the entire team can hear it!

MajesticShaver
      Participant

Appreciate you thinking of us here in California.  I reside in the San Joaquin Valley but the fires have not come too close to us yet.

The challenge of a disaster within a disaster ie. COVID-19 and fires is certainly making 2020 a trying year here on the West Coast.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.