SC Jumbo?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Acoustic Soul
      Participant

Has SC ever made a jumbo like the everly brothers or anything?  Maple or mahogany … was just curious.  I know a lot of times they’re not very desirable, but in my travels I came across a few good ones in the past year or two… I thought if they were a little more better they might have been something really cool.  I’ve never seen a Santa Cruz one before, but I don’t know much history before 2009

tadol
        Senior Moderator

That would be a great question for Richard – I would guess that at some time they have built one (or more) – they have made acoustic basses, baritones, 17” jazz guitars, mandocellos, so a jumbo would not be very far out of the imagination –

Acoustic Soul
          Participant

Interesting, I wish I could hear a 17″ jazz guitar from Santa Cruz.  .  .  I’m finding arch tops , roy smecks, and jumbos are kind of what I gravitate to…. still love the H13 I started out on and my OM Grand, but these are the guitars in the past 4-5 years that I have really enjoyed playing at stores on road trips.  If they made a 17″ archtop I would definitely think they’ve done a jumbo.  No telling how much an archtop would cost now, probably as much as a 34?

indexless
            Keymaster

“Get out your check book”

Acoustic Soul
              Participant

Haha, I know I’m sure it would be a very large number

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.