SC Coffee Break Mugs

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Hank
      Participant

I broke my 20 year old Blue coffee mug this morning….It was chipped in numerous places on the rim and the handle was cracked and my wife has threatened to toss it for the last several years. Today it cracked through the bottom.

I need a new mug to become a new old favorite……Any more thought being given to creating a mug with the SC Coffe break Logo ?

I think the logo was designed by a Forum members son…..maybe he could gift the artwork to the creation of a 12 oz. mug ?

I am willing to purchase using My limited Social Security allowance.

tadol
        Senior Moderator

Funny you should mention that –

Stay tuned –     🙂

Matt Hayden
          Participant

Hey, I know those picks!  Next round, can I add to the $$ pool and order some heavies?

Zorro: sounds like you have a coffee-broken mug.  We limped Beth’s favorite mug along for years with help from a potter friend who slip-fitted and low-fired it, but it eventually gave up the ghost and is now an heirloom that our heirs will get to throw out ;D

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Matt Hayden.
            Chrisakadigdog
            Participant

What are the picks made of?

indexless
              Keymaster

Magic SCGC pic stuff Digs….

Chrisakadigdog
                Participant

Oh yeah.  That stuff.  And they look nicely broke in…

Hank
                    Participant

Dig…the’re not “Broken In”…….they have been in the Maestros “Private Stock” since 1976 !

Chrisakadigdog
                      Participant

Tall ships and tall tale’s. nothing less from a sailor. Thought they might be T-REX tooth flakes remanent’s

tadol
                      Senior Moderator

Those are some pics that I had made with some re-used artwork I had asked my son to do so we’d have a logo for the podcast.  I had recd a discount coupon for custom pick printing at Clayton Picks for Black Friday, and ordered hoping I’d have them in time for the Xmas party. So I handed most of them out, leaving a pile with Richard that he could hand out as he thought fit. They’re just 1.07 Ultem.

It was easy to reduce the artwork and get a decent image for a pic, but after the holidays, I’m hoping my son will have time to do something special for a coffee mug – y’all will be the first to know! And if we come up with a couple ideas, I may need to get a vote on which y’all like –

indexless
                        Keymaster

I think the mug should be blue

Matt Hayden
                          Participant

I think the mug should be filled with high-test coffee.
                            Late night last night 😉

Old 97
                            Participant

Good place to hide Bulleit Rye.

Hank
                              Participant

12 ounce size….perfect for Java/rum/cinnamon.

Matt Hayden
                                Participant

I like the way you all think…..

Hank
                                  Participant

Thanks to Richard and Tad….received a few picks in the mail today.

Dee and I have a food drive every Xmas for the Harry Chapin Food Bank here in S.W. Fl.

every year for the last 15 we have raised between 500 and 1500 Lbs. of canned goods.

of course I keep any good Rum that might finds its’ way into the collection bin…….well I would if it had ever happened.

I’m taking the picks to the bank in the morning and putting them in the vault for posterity.

Chrisakadigdog
                                    Participant

Cobalt blue mug’s would look mighty fine with that logo.

Matt Hayden
                                      Participant

and filled with bulleit and coffee

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.