Santa Cruz Coffee Break #42 Zooming’ with Richard Hoover Guitar Care

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums All the SCGC podcasts are here Santa Cruz Coffee Break #42 Zooming’ with Richard Hoover Guitar Care

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      indexless
      Keymaster

Greetings Forum,

We got the opportunity to talk with Richard about proper guitar care, the right polishes and proper cloths. Very Very good information from the Master here, hope you enjoy:

Youtube:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj8U2As43KQ

Soundcloud  https://soundcloud.com/rnewman-1/santa-cruz-coffee-break-42-zoomin-with-richard-hoover?utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Apple Podcasts also

iim7V7IM7
        Participant

Thanks as always guys…

My cleaning and maintenance is similar to what Richard discussed with the expection of wax. I have guitars with Nitrocellulose Lacquer, Catalyzed Polyurethane, Oil Varnish and French Polish Shellac.

– After I play, I wipe the guitar with a lint free cloth

– When I change strings when they are off I use Virtuoso Premium Cleaner with a lint free cloth

– Once a year I do use Stewmac Colortone Fretboard Saver (vegetable & citrus oil)

– Once a year I do apply a drop of Singer All Purpose Machine Oil to the worm of open gear tuners

I NEVER put wax on my acoustic guitars. I sometimes apply wax to electric guitars.

Hank
          Participant

Thanks…There was A LOT MORE to that pod cast than just talking about Wax……Fun.

Chrisakadigdog
            Participant

Invaluable wisdom from our Maestro Richard Hoover.  NO TRIFLOW for tuners. Singer sewing machine oil.    Virtuoso cleaner and polish .

Thanks gentlemen.

Barber Derek
              Participant

So useful, and I’m glad Richard will be bringing back the wax as I love the smell of it!

Sadie
                  Participant

I am also awaiting the return of the SCGC wax .. meantime, I just had a go with the virtuoso cleaner and polish, I hate to admit it (not usually a fan of products that hide things as “proprietary” on their SDSs) .. yeah I’m a convert. Once again, thanks Richard!

E side of the lower bout on my OM-28 was just not cleaning up with a damp rag a couple weeks ago (it’s been a long, hot summer here) .. she cleaned up beautifully in 1/2 hour of cleaning & buffing.

I don’t think body of this axe looked this good new .. dayum 🙂

SCGC 1934 OM Adi > BRW
                    Solist 🌈 burst on quilt maple
                    Martin OM-28
                    Strat rosewood > mahogany 2021

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.