recommendations for Guitar case

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums Ask Santa Cruz Guitar Company recommendations for Guitar case

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      NMGuitarPicker
      Participant

Hello everyone,

I have a Santa Cruz Tony Rice model that I absolutely LOVE but am starting to look for a case that is more lightweight.  I don’t want to give up any of the incredible protection that the Santa Cruz case affords.  Is there any case out there that anyone can recommend that would retain the protection but be lighter to carry? I’m in no hurry to replace it.

Thanks!!

indexless
      Keymaster

Welcome NM…Congrats on the Tony….I’m sure you’ll get plenty of answers here

Acoustic Soul
      Participant

I’ve seen carbon fiber cases that are nice, but about $1200 dollars.  Maybe a MONO gig bag case other than that?

Matt Hayden
      Participant

A non-deluxe Calton might be lighter, and it’d offer a lot of protection.

Richard Hoover
      Senior Moderator

Hi NM and everyone else,

I’m pleased to announce that we now provide a guitar case with superior strength at noticeably reduced weight.

Cases are a moving target and we evolve to meet market demand. Anything that we don’t make ourselves, we designed our own improved versions and have them made to our specs. This includes cases, strings, tuning machines and so on.

We worked with GWW, makers of carrying cases for really expensive scientific and medical device transport, to make a guitar case worthy of air travel. At the time of the first version we used the best available material for a maximum weight/safety ratio.  As the materials evolve, so do we. Last month we realized our goal of ongoing improvement with the inclusion of a lighter stronger case with all new SCGC Guitars. The look and cost are the same, with added durability and portability.

Until if, or when, we promote these upgrades at http://www.santacruzguitar.com, please contact us at SCGC@santacruz.com or 831-425-0999 for cost and availability. Thank you.

All the best, Richard

haasome
      Participant

Great news!

– Paul –

Black Beauty
      Participant

If anyone is in the know, would you mind PMing me the price? I am hesitant to contact SCGC without a commitment to buy, in case it is outside my price range. I generally only need to know if it’s more expense than the Collings cases or not and whether they are larger or smaller (e.g., for the dreadnought shape).

Matt Hayden
      Participant

Hi Richard – can you post photos of the new cases?  Thank you!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.