NGD: Firefly as anniversary gift

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion NGD: Firefly as anniversary gift

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hello, I am new to the forum – I just got a Santa Cruz Firefly as an anniversary present this week and I love it.  Since it was our 11th wedding anniversary (and steel is the traditional gift) I got a steel-string guitar.  Haha.

I am a big koa fan (as you can see from the photo attached of it on my wall) and play only Hawaiian slack-key style music on the guitar, so since I always name my instruments, I named it “Keahi” – Hawaiian for fire.

I am amazed at the sound that comes out of this little guy, and have a feeling that a lifelong friendship with this instrument has begun.

On an unrelated note, it has been nice to immerse myself into the Santa Cruz Guitar Company culture over the last day or so, watching all the videos, and reading articles about this company.  I am proud to own an instrument from them.  Iʻve written books about two ukulele companies, and am currently writing a book about a guitar company at the moment.  I love the Santa Cruz story, and hope to visit the factory later this year.  Maybe if Iʻm lucky, they will let me write a book about them too. 🙂

To my fellow SCGC owners, have a wonderful weekend and happy playing! – Staci

indexless
        Keymaster

Welcome Staci! Cool news on the Firefly, looks like a fun wall, again welcome!

Hank
          Participant

Aloha Staci….Y’All will fit right in here. There are some kanakas and  Haoles here that will hang on your every word.

Me ? I’m a Scots/Irish/ Southern boy by choice and play a half assed style of guitar ( Insert wide grin here).

Welcome…when possible please post some slack key audio of your Firefly.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Hank.
            Hank
            Participant

Also Really special to have a lady in the “Tribe”.

bert
              Participant

Staci, big welcome to the forum.  Firefly is ideal for your genre’.  So glad you have found our group, I’ve been playing SCGC for going on 15yrs… gets in the DNA.  bert

Chrisakadigdog
                Participant

Welcome Sista Staci to the Santa Cruz Guitar Players Ohana.

haasome
                  Participant

Hi Staci. Great guitar and welcome to the forum.

– Paul –

tadol
                    Senior Moderator

Lovin’ the koa!!

Acoustic Soul
                      Participant

Congratulations, what a gift!  Welcome, it’s a beautiful guitar.  Put up a video of it being played sometime if you’re up for it!

Daniel
                        Participant

Welcome Staci!

Great wall!  And that Emerald looks amazing.

Daniel

Anonymous

Thank you all so much for the kind comments, I really appreciate it.  As for a video or sound clip, trust me, none of you want that.  Haha.  Nobody but my spouse, mom and cat ever hear me play – and sometimes the cat complains. 😉

As for the Emerald, thanks Daniel – it was custom painted with the Na Pali coast of Kauai on the front, and a tree tunnel on the back.

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.