New Member – Forum Rules?

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion New Member – Forum Rules?

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Silly Moustache
      Participant

Hi considering the troubles mentioned on AGF, it occurs to me that I should acquaint myself with any specific rules on this forum.

Are there any documented or do we go by “Be nice”. (which is fine).

for instance, I would lke to tell people about my YouTube channel and about some small pick/accessory boxes that I have to sell (at cost).

Is/are either both permissible?

Also , do we have a place where we may discuss other stuff : the weather, news, (maybe not politics/religion etc) but you know other stuff.

Thanks Ol’Andy

Hank
        Participant

Andy, I for one am Very pleased to see you here.
          I have enjoyed your YouTube videos and your comments on “That Other” Forum.
          I also am a Cancer survivor of 21 years and my mantra when fighting that disease is “NEVER GIVE UP”.
          Also if you hang around here long enough you’ll see that we respect all of the small quality builders…..But of course we will do everything we can to convert you to The SCGC tribe.
          Welcome…I’m sure our “Keymaster will fill you in on the rules…he is a very good man.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Hank.
          haasome
          Participant

Hi Andy, nice to see you over here.

paul

– Paul –

indexless
            Keymaster

Hi Andy!

Welcome to the corral! Be Nice here (I know you will) Please promote your videos on the forum, use the Videos and Shows section. Lets use general discussion right now for the weather PLEASE no politics, since we’re from California we might have different opinions but we all love life, music, guitars, laughter and just plain fun…..thanks again for joining and looking forward to some cool videos.

the SCGC players team

Silly Moustache
              Participant

Sounds good to me!

I’m a Brit BTW so politics is a whole ‘nother thing here – I’ve got Quora for that.

Thanks for your speedy reply.

Ol’ Andy

tadol
                Senior Moderator

I think it shouldn’t be a question – just a statement –

This Forum Rules!

hairpuller
                  Participant

Hi Andy,

I also have watched your videos over at AGF and have enjoyed them quite a bit!

Glad to see you here, too!

scott

Silly Moustache
                      Participant

HaHa – “quite a bit!” – not as good as quite a bit, but I’ll take it as a compliment.

Thanks Scott,

In case anybody is interested : https://www.youtube.com/user/SillyMoustache/videos

BTW – I hope that you can understand my more recent “chatty” videos – sadly my voice/mouth has been changed by recent cancer treatment.

Anonymous

Good to have you as fellow member

clstpkr
                        Participant

Hi Andy, good to see you here! I just came over myself from the other forum and was glad to see you here. (Fitter) on the other forum. Nice to have a change.

Silly Moustache
                          Participant

Thanks, all for the welcome! I’m so gal that we now have a forum about Santa Cruz guitars even though I only have one (oh the shame of it) and I have mostly Collings guitars (hangs head in shame).

I hope that this will be a “chatty” forum rather than just a “for sale” “thinning the herd” one. The “Other” forum is still the larger one but the Moderators (or at least one of them) seems to be killing it.

I look forward to lots more chats.

My Amateurish videos (well they are just me sitting in my conservatory talking/playing to a Zoom Q4) were originally conceived to show my band members songs I did solo and new ones we might add to our repertoire.

The “Chatty” videos started when people on “the other forum” kept grumbling about how terribly difficult it was to restrings slotted head-stocks, and grew from there.  Somewhat interrupted and complicated by my throat cancer and treatment last year, life has changed for me – as has my voice – but I try to continue to add informative and helpful items, and am always happy to receive ideas for new videos.

I don’t assume to “know everything” but it seems some of my videos are well received and I’m approaching a 1000 subscribers.  Please note  – I do not affiliate or attempt to “monetarize” so no adverts or commercial “plugs”.

Anyway, thanks all for the kind words,

Ol’ Andy.

It is my wife’s second 70th Birthday today so I’m taking her to the zoo. No, don;t even think that – I intend to bring her back as well! A

Frozen Rat
                            Participant

Well hello there, Silly. Glad to find you here. I was kind of missing your posts over at AGF. I left that site too, for the same reasons you did. I’m not sure what’s happening over there but phew, the pettiness and draconian adherence to the most sterile language and topics only is disheartening. I got in trouble over four posts all on the same day, none of which would cause a raised eyebrow elsewhere. I’m a nice guy, I love people and I love to talk and joke around, is that so bad? Oh well. Let’s see if we can promote this site and get things rolling more here.

Santa Cruz 00 — Goodall 000 — Martin 00-28

Viewing 10 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.