New Collings Forum

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      bert
      Participant

FYI,
        The old forum went down a few months ago and appears all was lost from earlier days, no fault of their forum admin.  Same group has brought it back to life with a better structure for the evolving future.

I have always gone by ‘armdog’ there and decided to keep that name for those familiar.  bert

http://www.collingsforum.net/forum/index.php?sid=99b5627fd70930a28f09476609274513

haasome
        Participant

Thanks for this information. There was an Unofficial Collings Forum that started recently, but there is no action on that Forum. Seems like you’ve identified the “Old” Collings Forum, redux way th all the “regulars”!

– Paul –

indexless
          Keymaster

We will not BAN discussion of the Collins Forum here….all good things here

haasome
            Participant

Say it again Brother Indexless ?

– Paul –

bert
              Participant

Bob Taylor gave one of the eulogies at Bill Collings funeral, says it all to me.

There are a large number of SCGC players (like me) who also own Collings. A great guitar is a great guitar. Richard Hoover, Dana Bourgeois, Bill Collings, and others are a brotherhood of fine luthiery.. not Ford vs Chevy.

indexless, thank you, it never crossed my mind that anyone here would feel differently. This is a great place to hang and we should attract more Collings owners to this site is what I’m layin down.

all good things here.. amen.

indexless
                Keymaster

I don’t know why it posted twice, it must have been for impact

Anonymous

I’m new to the site because I just purchased a beautiful looking, and more beautiful sounding,  Santa Cruz 1929-00.  I also own a Collings OM….they will be my forever guitars.  So participating in both sites is wonderful, and I agree there should be a brotherhood among guitar players…no matter what they play!!

indexless
                    Keymaster

Welcome Sheri! Sounds like a great guitar!

Hank
                      Participant

We always welcome those who appreciate the attributes of fine guitars,regardless of builder.

Secretariat or American Pharoh …..well I do tend to lean toward The first one as the greatest.

bert
                        Participant

Shari711, welcome to the forum.  SCGC 1929-00, how sweet it is.  best wishes, bert

Chrisakadigdog
                          Participant

Welcome to our fun house Shari.. The SCGC. 0029. Are very special .

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.