Model F vs. OMG

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      occimoron
      Participant

Looks like the F and the OMG are similar size guitars; what are the differences? Especially tone and intended style/usage?

indexless
      Keymaster

Welcome Occ,

I’m sure you’ll get the answers here. We’re a small but friendly group, again, welcome

Acoustic Soul
      Participant

That’s a great question Occimoron.  One I’ve investigated myself and played as much of each as I could.  Looking forward to hearing the answer from Richard.

Black Beauty
      Participant

I, too, look forward to reading SCGC’s reply.

Based on my limited experience of playing one F model and two OMG models in the same store (all Sitka/EIR), it seems the F model has more brilliance, and the OMGs a bit darker.

Acoustic Soul
      Participant

The F I played had a very compliant voicing, what I put in was what I got out and I really liked that.  It sounded a tad smaller, but I’m sure it had old strings and was asleep because that shop hadn’t moved any SC guitars in a while.  The OM Grand seems like it adds a bit more voicing to the sound.  I’ve always been curious about their internal perspective and what guitar belongs to what kind of player

occimoron
      Participant

I’m also curious about the dimensions of each. I don’t see anything on the Santa Cruz site that gives the dimensions, like width of lower bout, body depth and length.

haasome
      Participant

I own an OMG and here are the measurements for that model.

OMG Dimensions
      Body Length 20″
      Body Depth 3-3/8″ – 4-3/8″
      Lower Bout 16″
      Waist 9-3/4 ”
      Upper Bout 11-5/8″
      Overall Length 20-1/16″
      Number of Frets 21
      Frets Clear of the Body 14

– Paul –

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.