Last Call…..Let’s put a smile on at the end of the year

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion Last Call…..Let’s put a smile on at the end of the year

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      indexless
      Keymaster

Hello Forum,

It’s been a pretty wacky year and we’d like to share the joy of the infamous SCGC Holiday party, the one day of the year RH get’s to stay up all night!

Our idea of a Zoom party appears to have been a dud, but, we don’t give up easy. Here’s the story. We’d like to share holiday themed videos with you all and share each other.  We have a couple of our Podcast artists who are going to contribute, Tad and I would like to invite you to share a video with us. Make is simple, use your phone, play your best and smile. Not to blow my own horn but I must have 500 music videos in my rear view so if you need any help, please message me and I’ll be happy to help you. If you would like I’d be more than happy to send you a link for uploading video that is very easy.

We hope you all share the joy of music with the us, we truly appreciate your participation through out the year, let’s have a little fun and get a head start on next year.

Your Forum Team

Matt Hayden
      Participant

Working on it, thanks for the gentle reminder!

tadol

I’m working on it too!

Lots o’ SCGC guitars! But never ask which is my fav

Daniel
      Participant

https://youtu.be/VBZWIlpkgvM

Ok.  So I’m playing electric guitar.  But it’s a guitar!

It’s just much easier to balance things for a live mike when they’re electric.  🙂

A Bit of Magic is a song I wrote about three years ago (available everywhere).

Merry Christmas,

Daniel

indexless
      Keymaster

thanks Daniel, have a GREAT holiday

Chrisakadigdog
      Participant

THANKS Daniel.    A family keepsake for the future.   Is the snow falling yet across the pond?

Merry Christmas

Daniel
      Participant

Hi guys,

I was asked by the local paper to do something for a Christmas music series they are doing.  We did this, and I figured I could share it with you too.  🙂

No snow here in northern France at all. 🙁  (We moved here in 2018) It topped out at about 50F today.  I’m hoping we’ll get snow in the new year.

There could be some in Les Vosges mountains or in the Jura mountains.  But those places are about 4 hours away by car.
      I did hear that my friends in Cambridgeshire got a dusting.  You’d be amazed how freaked out the Brits get when it snows.  😉

Happy Holidays!

Daniel

tadol

I unhappily must report that a couple friends and I did a pretty good Xmas show via Zoom for our social club friends, but we did not properly record the video.  so – I have some nice audio to mix down, but no video to go with it. I may submit it anyway, but I am extremely bummed –

tadol

OK!  Thanks to some great help from Mr RN – I am reasonably pleased to offer this to the forum – excerpts from a Zoom show I did with a couple friends at our social club – Video was a failure, but this is a huge step for me as a performer (first time out in front !) –   Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/user-865543518/xmas2020-at-the-claremont-club

Hank
      Participant

Well done Tad…. I appreciate your courage. It really is quite good

1993 Martin HD-28 IR/Sitka
      2001 SCGC F Cutaway Maple/German
      2008 SCGC OT Madi/Italian
      2015 SCGC OM “The Tree” Hog/ European
      2016 SCGC 1934 D45 Braz/ Adi
      2016 Taylor K62 CE Limited Edition 12 string all Koa
      2019 SCGC FTC Granadillo/Redwood
      Life is a journey…not a guided tour,
      The Bay,The Gulf Stream , The Open Ocean are particular about who they share their secrets with.

indexless
      Keymaster

I really appreciate you doing this Tad. and Hank…notice nothing from me? I’ll tell you that things have been very crazy here and I could have all kinds of excuses……the truth is, it’s really hard to put up our work when we are in the same room as all these world class guitar players…..in a different life I had to display work in front of 3 of Ansel Adams assistants, I think I pooped a purple mouse before hand but in the end, realized is that we are all full of our own talents and gifts. Lighting Hopkin’s could do more with the first 5 frets that anyone, was it flashy…sometimes but it was honest and pure. It was great to be able to mix Tad’s band above…thanks…happy Holidays All…let’s rock this place next year

Chrisakadigdog
      Participant

What a golden voice Tad.  Well done

haasome
      Participant

Excellent! I enjoyed that Tad. Happy days…

– Paul –

bert
      Participant

Well done Tad & friends.  Golden voice is right.  bert

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.