Keyboard hands & flexibility

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion Keyboard hands & flexibility

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Matt Hayden
      Participant

Anyone else spending a lot more time at the keyboard since the pandemic started?  Working from home, I work the hours I used to commute, so there’re some long days.

I’m finding that it’s reducing hand flexibility for playing.  Been trying some gentle stretches to loosen things up but not making a lot of headway- they’re staying tight.

Anyone else been there, have any ideas?

indexless
        Keymaster

It’s kind of Hand Yoga Matt…do stretching every chance you get, motion is lotion

Daniel
          Participant

I was getting deep piercing pains in the spaces between my knuckles and my wrists.  They’ve largely gone since I left my job.

I would say rest and stretching would be a good idea. But I’m not an expert.  🙂

Stay well!

Daniel

tadol
            Senior Moderator

Dragon dictate?

jimson
              Participant

I’ve been working my way through an adult piano method, not that anyone would want to listen. It’s good exercise for my aging hands. It seems complementary to guitar playing in a physical way, without being exactly the same. It’s therapeutic for me on a couple different levels.   Only problem is…time spent doing one takes away time doing the other.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.