Just curious

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Hank
      Participant

We have our first real cold front of the fall passing through S.W. Florida today , and I also had a very long and uncomfortable session with my sadist dermatologist this morning , so I grabbed the 1934 and started to play some country blues.

I thought to myself how good it sounded. I had changed the SCGC Mid Tension strings about 4 months ago and I thought Man these string sound good also……. Then I decided to change strings just for the Hell of it.

It became a totally different (better) guitar.

So , I am curious…..Are SCGC guitars so good that even old strings sound fine ?…..or…. Do my ears just adjust to old strings over time and lose memory of the difference that new string make.

Thoughts ??

Chrisakadigdog
        Participant

Yes and yes,they call it muscle memory and they are that good.    New strings work magic on rekindling the inner mounting flame for your Santa Cruz.

Hank
          Participant

“Inner Mounting Flame “…….I don’t think you could get away with that on the AGF .

Now I have to change the strings on all the Ramuda…. Smart me I signed up for a SCGC  string subscription and they are due here next week.

Chrisakadigdog
            Participant

“Inner Mounting Flame “…  Was the name of a favorite John Mc Laughlin and the Mahavishnu Orchestra LP IN THE EARLY 70’s..    Oil them fretboards while your at it.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.