If you could ask one Guitarist one question…who and what?

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion If you could ask one Guitarist one question…who and what?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      indexless
      Keymaster

Go

Hank
      Participant

Leo Kottkie………..How The Hell Do You Do That???

1993 Martin HD-28 IR/Sitka
      2001 SCGC F Cutaway Maple/German
      2008 SCGC OT Madi/Italian
      2015 SCGC OM “The Tree” Hog/ European
      2016 SCGC 1934 D45 Braz/ Adi
      2016 Taylor K62 CE Limited Edition 12 string all Koa
      2019 SCGC FTC Granadillo/Redwood
      Life is a journey…not a guided tour,
      The Bay,The Gulf Stream , The Open Ocean are particular about who they share their secrets with.

John Lennon.   Were you really the walrus?

Daniel
      Participant

I did.  It was John Jorgenson.

The gig was a JJ Hot Band gig at the Iron Door in Groveland.  I went with Ken vande Kieft and Meg Eshom, who some of you might know.  Must be about 10 years ago now.   Brilliant show.  Afterward, the band lined up by the door to shake hands and say Thank You to everyone who came.

I asked JJ if I could shake his left hand and let a little of that speed rub off.  He got a great big smile on his face and moved the coffee to his right hand.  He shook my hand, looked me in the eye, and said, “Sure!  I hope it works!”

I don’t know how, but it did.  Maybe it was confidence, maybe it was asking the universe for something I wanted and then setting myself on a path to get it.   But from then on I believed I *could* do it.

OK, I’m not JJ speed, and those Bluegrass guys kill me still.  But I go as fast as I want, and I know how to learn to get faster.

🙂
      Daniel

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.