I played guitar!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Daniel
      Participant

The two guitars worth playing in our house are my SCGC Adirondack/mahogany dread and Claudine’s Martin D-16GT (USA made).  I string the SCGC with mediums and the Martin lights.

I pulled them both out on Friday to try out a bit of guitar on the daily FB live thing.   The SCGC hurt to play.  The Martin didn’t.  The SCGC had gone to sleep.  The Martin hasn’t. In fact it sounds deep and rich and lovely.  So the Martin got the nod for the video on Friday.

Partially the issue is my hands are utterly unused to playing guitar. Partially it’s that the SCGC looks like it needs a set up. Partially it’s the light strings on the Martin.

Time for a set-up on the SCGC and to work out some real material for it..  I’m not having my SCGC being back-up to a factory made guitar, even if it is a Martin!

In other news… Today I pulled out my Vessel F5 for the first time in possibly 6 months.  Turns out I’m also unused to playing the 13 & 7/8″ scale too (my emandos have 14.5″ and 15″ scales respectively).  Everything feels too close together and I’m over reaching up the neck.

Stay well!

Daniel

Old 97
        Participant

These days I-play Mandolin as much as guitar. Looking for a violin.This weekend I spent a few hours on my classical and 30 minutes on the Weissenborn.

stay busy

Daniel
          Participant

Coolio my friend!
            Stay well!

Matt Hayden
            Participant

I’ve been practicing the violin I recently had repaired and my playing is terrifyingly bad.  I’m hoping to be merely awful by the end of the year.   This is so much harder than I remember from playing as a wee lad. Or maybe I was having more fun then, heedless of the horror I was inflicting on others.

😀

Daniel
              Participant

At least you haven’t picked up the accordion.  😉

D

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.