I finally broke through the outer shell

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion I finally broke through the outer shell

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Old 97
      Participant

when I picked up old 97 last week, Richard gave me some log in tips.

they gave me a refret and set up with a set of medium tension strings.

due to age and creeping decrepitude in my hands, I tuned down to C Standard.

sounds like Bob Brozman #1. I played Bob’s at a seminar in his house around 2000.

indexless
        Keymaster

Welcome Back Matt!  The Mediums go down to “C”? OK, there’s the Pepsi Challenge for sure

Old 97
          Participant

Since the demise of the Collings forum, this one needs to step up.

indexless
            Keymaster

Consider yourself a high stepper here! Next time you’re in the area, let me know

Anonymous

The Creeping Decrepitudes.  Sounds like the name of band. Welcome Matt.  The Bakersfield tele awaits you.

Old 97
                Participant

SCGC was my final stop on a ten day trip.

I started by loading up my truck with the granddaughter and boyfriend’s boxes for a move from Hollywood to Portland. The day I left was the day I5 closed three hours before I got to Redding. It took four hours to drive from there to Arcata. Only 133 miles through the spectacular Trinity Widerness, the first 17 miles took an hour. The road was one lane due to the Carr Fire that had burned trees, structures, and vehicles everywhere.

I stayed with friends mostly in such wonderful Oregon towns as Monmouth and Creswell. Creswell tempted me with two custom Bozo guitars, a Simon Fay, Thomas Rein, and an Anders Sterner Classical.

Then I spent four days in Terra Linda, the cheap northern side of San Rafael. Dinner in Sausalito followed by picking in Mill Valley, where I got my hands on a glorious Wingert E of Cocobolo and German spruce, a John How Ladder braced, and I swapped my Kenny Hill New World Classical for a B Bender Tele until I am sick of it.

By the time I got home, I had driven 2,022 miles.

Anonymous

Quite the adventure.   Did you visit Schoenberg’s?  Is ther still a music shop in downtown Mill Valley. I remember a very small shop when I lived ther back in the summer of1973.

Hank
                    Participant

Welcome back Matt.
                      I always enjoyed your posts on the “old” forum.
                      We had hoped to connect with you and introduce ourselves at the 40th.
                      feels like “The Keymaster”is working hard to “Get The Band Back Together”.

Daniel
                      Participant

Alright!  Good to see you Matt!

Are we getting the band back together?  Where’s Alister?  🙂

Daniel

Hank
                          Participant

And Strings and Magwa And Sugermill Man ??

Old 97
                          Participant

I didn’t make it to Schoenberg’s this time. The guitars are owned by David Seigler. Daniel might remember him from Fran Guidry’s picking parties.

I don’t know about Mill Valley guitar shop, but Amazing Grace is right where San Rafael and San Anselmo meet.

the B Bender had all the Tele Twang a boy could ask for at rehearsal today. It needs a truss rod tweak and a new saddle to really make it sing.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.