How soon we forget

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Hank
      Participant

Dee and I are starting our 4th week of  “Splendid isolation” ( truth be told we have made several trips to the Grocery store and to Ace Hardware) (also I went fishing one morning) and of course playing lots of guitar.

I have been playing the H and the OM almost exclusively and once in awhile the F.

This afternoon I brought out the 1934 Zorro for a bit of exercise….to be honest it has been a couple of months since I played it. It just boomed with a clarity I can only describe as “Grand Piano in a tiled room”….. A pure loud that clarified into individual notes with huge sustain.

I have to say that if I didn’t know better I would say that it has reached full maturity…….

Richard told me it was a keeper…..No question it is.

Matt H., it is sending signals to ships at sea with clarity.

indexless
        Keymaster

Great story Zorro,

I’m finding a wonderful gratitude for all the gifts that I have been blessed with in my life, my wife, music, travel, great food, amazing friends, creativity, music (sorry, I did I say music twice?), my dogs, where I am blesses to live…….. there is so much ugly around all of us, it’s a great time to look at what we all have on all levels, that brings a big smile to my face. I pray we all make it through this, make your circles in the world small, protect yourself, stay in your neighborhoods, wash your hands, help your neighbors where you can, look for the good, it’s there and it’s precious.

Matt Hayden
          Participant

I’m in a similar place – playing and being thankful for being healthy.

And yes, the Zorro dread is channeling Edward R Murrow and sending out signals –  “Good evening Mr. and Mrs. America and all the ships at sea”.

My OM’s been getting played. I am working from home and spending waaaaaaay too much time doing so – I mean, 12+ hour days 6 days a week – but otoh I’m still getting paid, so all good there.

We’re washing hands and groceries and sitting in the yurt of an evening when there’s time with a glass of wine and a guitar.   Hoping that there’s a vaccine that works soon…..when the crisis lifts, it’s time for a jam.

Daniel
            Participant

We’ve been told to continue in confinement until 11 May when France will enter a new phase.  In the mean time production of materials like gloves, masks, face shields, hazmat suits, etc will increase.
              After 11 May masks will be mandatory for a time in public, schools will reopen gradually, and businesses will do the same.

The kids now have a date to which they can look forward (if all goes well here), a date at which they can seriously think about seeing their friends, their French grandparents, and my wife’s brother’s family.

I’ll be looking for work because I resigned from my job effective 21 April.  (I won’t bore you with the details, but I will say don’t work for people who vote against their own business interests and those of their employees. It never ends well.)

In the mean time I am studying French every morning and living every waking moment with my family.  It is an amazing gift for which I am grateful.

I’m trying to upgrade the daily FB live video, but failed miserably today.  Apparently the browser can see only the mic OR the instrument through my Tone Port UX-1, though iMovie and Garageband can see both.
              Looking into a Blue Snowball or Yeti.

Been playing the Fender FM-988 lately.  It desperately needs a set-up and new strings but it has a most lovely tone.

Stay well everyone!
              Daniel

indexless
              Keymaster

I offer these lyrics by Jackson Browne, it sums it all up for me, each word is from the soul

For A Dancer

Keep a fire burning in your eye
                Pay attention to the open sky
                You never know what will be coming down
                I don’t remember losing track of you
                You were always dancing in and out of view
                I must’ve thought you’d always be around
                Always keeping things real by playing the clown
                Now you’re nowhere to be found
                I don’t know what happens when people die
                Can’t seem to grasp it as hard as I try
                It’s like a song I can hear playing right in my ear
                But I can’t sing
                I can’t help listening
                I can’t help feeling stupid standing ’round
                Crying is they ease you down
                ‘Cause I know that you’d rather we were dancing
                Dancing our sorrow away
                (Right on Dancing)
                No matter what fate chooses to play
                (There’s nothing you can do about it anyway)
                Just do the steps that you’ve been shown
                By everyone you’ve ever known
                Until the dance becomes your very own
                No matter how close to yours
                Another’s steps have grown
                In the end there is one dance you’ll do alone
                Keep a fire for the human race
                Let your prayers go drifting into space
                You never know what will be coming down
                Perhaps a better world is drawing near
                Just as easily it could all disappear
                Along with whatever meaning you might have found
                Don’t let the uncertainty turn you around
                (The world keeps turning around and around)
                Go on and make a joyful sound
                Into a dancer you have grown
                From a seed somebody else has thrown
                Go on ahead and throw some seeds of your own
                And somewhere between the time you arrive
                And the time you go
                May lie a reason you were alive
                That you’ll never know

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.