Hot

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Daniel
      Participant

So… 90 degrees fahrenheit here in Laon yesterday and today. (AC is not a common appliance in houses here.)

We had thunderstorms roaming the general vicinity; there was a single close flash of lightning and I smelled petrichore once or twice but there was no rain.

Played a garden party with my new violin player.  We used a Scherlter Jam 400 as a PA (guitar, octave mandolin, and voices).  That is a neat bit of kit: 6 channels, reverb, good speakers. Barbara used a DPA mic on her violin and ran it through an AER 60, also a neat bit of kit.  Fred uses a Mark bass amp.

So we all had these discrete cube shaped amps.  I wish I knew how it sounded in the audience.

Good day, if hot.  Loads of music, good people, etc.
        Hope you’re all well too!

Daniel

indexless
        Keymaster

The weather has totally flipped on the west coast, it’s been foggy and cloudy since April, sounds like you had a great gig, put a go-pro in the audience next time, let’s see this Daniel!

dwarfrat
          Participant

Bakersfield has had a cooler than average June. This weekend it will be 109 and 108.

tadol
            Senior Moderator

Jam 400 is pretty nice – just a bit of a lug carry around –

I have been working hard on my music room – it has a solid masonry wall facing south, and poor ventilation, so it gets pretty uncomfortable in the summer evenings. But I ordered and installed a Mr Cool mini-split, and now I have cool or heat, as needed! All it took was coring a 3.5″ hole through 13″ of brick and concrete filled CMUs – But its all OK when you only have to look back at it –

Hank
              Participant

Ahhhhhh…The positive and year around Central A/C Provided by FPL…..Except during Cat 5 Hurricanes.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.