Hello, Folks

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Bill Keener
      Participant

Matt let me know that some of my old friends were dancin’ and slappin’ their thighs on the forum.

Here I am to join in!!!

Hi, everyone….

Bill

Bill “Magwa” Keener
      Coarsegold, California

indexless
      Keymaster

Welcome Back Bill, missed ya!

Old 97
      Participant

That was quick!

Chrisakadigdog
      Participant

Alright Bill. And the party NEVER ends!

Bill Keener
        Participant

Right on the money, CC.  As it never should….

Bill “Magwa” Keener
        Coarsegold, California

Daniel
      Participant

Good to see your name on my screen Bill!

Are you still up in Gold Country?

Daniel

Bill Keener
        Participant

Same house since 1986.  Not so boring.  Things break and I get to fix ’em.

How’s your new place, Daniel?

Bill “Magwa” Keener
        Coarsegold, California

Daniel
        Participant

Oh, well, let’s see…

The house was built in the 1930s for a railway manger here in Laon.  So it’s big and things that are necessities now were luxuries then.  It has also been a rental for 6 years.  So lots of work to do.  More really than we can manage before moving in…

External Wall Insulation going on, new windows and doors going in, new kitchen, new bathroom, paint & paper, plumbing work, electrical work.  And at the moment I have to sort out why the furnace/water heater won’t start –in French.

But we have proper electricity, water, phones, and internet service.  So I’m working here even before we move in.

There will be a TON of garden/yard work to do:  Demo the old garage with the asbestos imbedded corrugated concrete panel roof, clean up and modernize the little outbuldings, build a new garage on the other side of the yard.  Remove and replace the cypress hedge in a few years when they finally die of whatever disease is killing them from the ground up.  Plant a couple fruit trees (apples and pears prob.).  Get the garden going again.  Put in a new barbecue (I had to knock the old concrete one down to allow the EWI to go in properly).

The yard work will begin probably next spring.  We’re moving in at the end of October, after the insulation, windows, doors, and kitchen.  But before the new bathroom.  (There are 2 half baths, one shower room, and one full bathroom.  It’s the full bathroom that’s getting the renovation.  So we are OK for toilets and washing.)

whew!

Daniel

Bill Keener
        Participant

Whew!  Sounds like us on this place.  But that was back in 1986 when I still had some “juice”.  Now, I have to save up all the adrenaline I can muster just to clean the pool or feed the chickens.  Did I mention that raising chickens for their eggs is sort of like buying a car wash because you car’s dirty?  I think we have the egg unit price, after about five years,  down to about $46.55…and *not* for a dozen!   Irene and I will be in Reims for a couple of nights in early October with amblin’ time on our hands (and feet).  I’ll PM you the dates to check your busy schedule.  I’m not carrying  any carpenter tools.

Bill “Magwa” Keener
        Coarsegold, California

Hank
      Participant

Magwa….Great to have you back with the band.

Always enjoyed your posts.

1993 Martin HD-28 IR/Sitka
      2001 SCGC F Cutaway Maple/German (For Sale)
      2008 SCGC OT Madi/Italian
      2015 SCGC OM “The Tree” Hog/ European
      2016 SCGC 1934 D45 Braz/ Adi
      2016 Taylor K62 CE Limited Edition 12 string all Koa
      2019 SCGC FTC Granadillo/Redwood
      Life is a journey…not a guided tour,
      The Bay,The Gulf Stream , The Open Ocean are particular about who they share their secrets with.

Bill Keener
        Participant

Thanks, Z.

Bill “Magwa” Keener
        Coarsegold, California

Matt Hayden
      Participant

Welcome to the Forum!

Bill Keener
        Participant

Thanks, Matt!

Bill “Magwa” Keener
        Coarsegold, California

tadol

Great to see you back here! Did you include the social value of those chickens in your calcs? When we had a couple, I never drank alone –

😉

Bill Keener
        Participant

Hey, Tad.  With (currently) seven live chickens, we run from either having eleven dozen eggs in the “hopper to a seasonal low of, “….and don’t forget to buy a dozen eggs at the store, Honey”.  Right now, we’re at the seasonal high.  I need some of the S C Folks to come for a scramble.  BYO bacon.  And, yeah, I have the egg unit price way down now.  Last check, an overall $116.42/egg.

Bill “Magwa” Keener
        Coarsegold, California

Bill Keener
      Participant

Back from a trip over the pond.

Short version:

Daniel is both a smart and lucky man.

And his new house is, to use two appropriate words:  Big and Incredible.

What a treat for us to visit he and his family.  And his mando is not so shabby either!!!!!

Thanks forever to you…. and your special “better half”, Daniel.

Bill “Magwa” Keener
      Coarsegold, California

Old 97
      Participant

That’s great news Magwa. I hop Darie and I can visit November 2020 when she turns 50. She’s never been to Paris.

indexless
      Keymaster

Great report Bill, we’ll all have to get a room at Daniel’s

Matt Hayden
      Participant

We’re hoping to get there at some point.  Need to get the odd huge guitar through customs, too.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.