• Author
      indexless
      Keymaster

Hey Daniel,

Make it a great day in FRANCE!!!!!!

Daniel
        Participant

Thanks very much!

Enjoying The Lord of the Rings Trilogy this evening.  Played guitar for a few hours today.  🙂

Daniel

Daniel
          Participant

Thank you!

[Bizarrely, I keep trying to reply, but I cannot see them. Trying a different browser.]

Watching LoTR this evening.  Played guitar today too!

Daniel

tadol
            Senior Moderator

Good to hear! Sounds like a very pleasant way to spend a birthday (although I’d be very happy just to spend one in France!)

Daniel
              Participant

Ahh Tad,  We just went into a modified lockdown.  Paris to Calais corridor is affected (and I live in it).  R number is above 1, people getting sick, etc.  Parisians with second homes in the country are exiting the city in droves!  As good as the French government was at the beginning of the pandemic, they have been wishy washy for the last several months.  You guys are definitely better off in Cali right now.

Claudine and I made tentative plans to go to New York to visit my mom this summer.  That’s looking unlikely now.

We are having trouble getting vaccines here.  And the French government just decided the AstraZeneca vaccine was not good for people who are older than 55.  –and I just turned 56!

My parents-in-law got vaccinated, but I’m too old.  Go figure.

Ahh, but I am plugging in to play.  It’s good to hear some amplification!

Daniel

Hank
                Participant

Best wishes Daniel….stay safe ….wish Y’all could come to Florida.

Daniel
                  Participant

Thanks Hank!
                    We’re doing alright.  More frustrated than worried.  And trying to be patient while the UK and the US get vaxxed and we wait.  🙂

Went to Florida once.  I was 8.  Had a great time.  🙂

When all this passes we’ll have a SCGC gathering here.

Daniel

Matt Hayden
                    Participant

Belated Happy Birthday!

Daniel
                      Participant

Got Vaxxed last weekend y’all!   Second dose is in June.

We bought tickets for a family trip to upstate New York  (way up, west of Plattsburg), and now we’re crossing our fingers that we can go this summer.

My SCGC has joined my Telecaster in open G tuning, and Claudine’s Martin remains in standard.

Way too much work to do.  Shouldn’t be thinking about music.  But I got an offer to play l’Escal (our local arts centre stage) as part of an online concert series.

Thanks for all the well-wishes.  I do hope your days are as wonderful as possible too.

Daniel

tadol
                        Senior Moderator

I got my second jab tomorrow AM – looking forward to having those behind me!

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.