Guitars On Hand

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      haasome
      Participant

At one time the SCGC website had a section titled Guitars On Hand – or – Available Guitars (or something like that). I can’t quite recall the name. But I think it was an listing of SCGC guitars that were available at SCGC dealers. This was a helpful feature when shopping for a new guitar. Are there any plans to include this feature on the new website?

Paul

– Paul –

Hank
        Participant

haasome,
          The SCGC website page that has the “find a Dealer” or the “Just Shipped” will get you to the dealers inventories.. I think.
          It would be nice if we could have a page here within the Forum that we members might be able to list used SCs for sale/trade/wanted to buy.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Hank.
            haasome
            Participant

Hi Zorro, it used to be there. However, since the web site has been updated, that feature doesn’t appear to be available any longer. I’ve checked Just Shipped, Dealers, and other likely places, but — it seems, no more…

Paul

– Paul –

LukeF
            Participant

Look again, its there.  On the left hand side of the home page, fourth line from the top, titled “Just Shipped”.

Luke

haasome
                Participant

Hi Luke,

Yes, I see “just shipped”, with the most recent being “Just Shipped Wed Dec 20th: Custom H/13 Cocobolo 42-style”.

However, there is no “Available Guitars” option like the old site used to have. The “just shipped” seems to be a sampling of some guitars that SCGC has shipped in the past. I’m looking for a listing of guitars that are available and held in inventory by the of the SCGC Dealer network.

Paul

– Paul –

LukeF
                Participant

Hi Paul:

I didn’t realize that the old website had inventory held by SCGC dealers.  Thanks for correcting me.  I guess the only way to find out is by contacting the dealers.

Luke

haasome
                  Participant

Here’s the old web site. It would be handy to have access to a listing of available guitars if that’s possible- IMO

– Paul –

tadol
                    Senior Moderator

I think they used to show special ordered, or unusual guitars, as well as uncommon standard models, all that were not made for a specific customer, in the just shipped area. They also had a list of all the official Santa Cruz dealers, which would link you to the dealers sites. There, you could usually search that dealers specific inventory for Santa Cruz instruments. I don’t think they ever maintained a complete and up-to-date listing of all guitars available, as that would be a pretty time consuming task tracking inventory out at every dealer. At least, I never saw it –

However, if there is a specific model you were looking for, I bet that Carolyn could give you a good idea of which dealer might have that guitar in stock, or maybe on order –

Anonymous

I’m interested in a Firefly. But I’d like to play it first. Where might a find one?

sdelsolray
                        Participant

I think that’s right. The dealer links on the old SCGC website would get you to various authorized dealers and the next step would be to search a particular dealer’s inventory or call them. As to the “Just Shipped” page, it seemed that only some of the guitars made it to this page, i.e., not all showed up there. That page did also say which dealer got each listed guitar.

haasome
                          Participant

I guess I’m “Asking Santa Cruz Guitars” about this. Here are archived web pages from last year that 1) show the button for Available Guitars and 2) shows the guitars in dealer inventory at the time.

– Paul –

Richard Hoover
                            Senior Moderator

Richard say’s “that was a great service, though difficult to keep current and verify the ever moving dealer inventories. Thanks to Carolyn for the valiant efforts to keep it relevant”

Carolyn say’s “www.reverb.com now does this for us. Whether considered good or bad most dealers, with few exceptions, list their complete inventories on this site”. You are always welcome to email us for missing or hard to find guitars: scgc@santacruzguitar.com Thank you!

Viewing 8 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.