great guitars and old ears

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion great guitars and old ears

• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by bert.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Hank
      Participant

Had some fun last night.
        Played the old CCR song “Lodi” on all of my guitars one after the other.
        Now I know Lodi is a simple song and one that “sicks in the head” but what an aural lesson.
        The difference in the sound and “feel” of the song was so very different with each guitar.
        As some of you old members know I have almost total hearing loss in my left ear…so my right ear has developed into a very accurate sound receiver.
        I was very taken by the tonal difference between IDR, Braz, Hog,maple.
        By the way I only indulged in one glass of wine during the Playing.

Matt Hayden
        Participant

Wine absolutely helps with perception 😉

That’s my position and I’m sticking to it.

Glad you had a chance to play through the stable, and that you enjoyed it.

tadol
          Senior Moderator

Thats the whole reason we  have all these guitars – uh, I have – there is a difference in feel and emotion that goes beyond some wood spec and dimensions and is expressed in how we feel when we play them –

I agree – sometimes you just gotta play the same thing on a few different guitars just to remind yourself how special and unique each one is –

And to everyone who can get by fine with just one guitar –  pfffffffffftt!

Hank
            Participant

Tadol…Could not agree more !!!
              I am only a mediocre player but I have become VERY aware of the voices of my Ramuda and the different songs they sing.
              The ‘Tree” loves melody and The O.T. Is very special on the old Bessie Smith/Chicago Blues and the the Leon Redbone tunes
              The 34 Zorro is of course front and center on Cajun and the F seems perfect for the Old America and The Band tunes.
              Sometimes I almost sound good enough to go out in public…..Naaahhh!!!.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Hank.
                Silly Moustache
                Participant

We are ALL mediocre – but some are more (or less) than others …it isn’t a competition (thank goodness!)

Ol’ Andy

bert
                Participant

zorro, ‘Lodi’ is part of rock history… good to hear you didn’t choose ‘Louie Louie’.  🙂

Hank
                  Participant

Bert,
                    Now don’t knock “Louie, Louie”… It was the first song I ever played using only Barr Chords.

haasome
                    Participant

I like Lodi – and Louie Louie got me a date or 2 in the day (perhaps), I agree that different guitars provide different inspiration. Having a single favorite guitar is fine, but for me variety is appreciated.

– Paul –

bert
                      Participant

oh baby, we gotta go now

got me slapped a time or twice

Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.