FT: my OM/PW 1-3/4″ for your OM/PW 1-11/16″

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums Buy and Sell FT: my OM/PW 1-3/4″ for your OM/PW 1-11/16″

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      strange language
      Participant

Hello,

Long-time lurker and fan of SCGC, but first post to the forum here. I have a 2003 OM/PW in very good condition (I don’t have the original case, but I do have a similarly high-end Martin HSC that once housed an OM-18V) and the 1-3/4″ nut is starting to become an issue for my hands and playability.

I’m hoping to find someone with a narrow-nut (1-11/16″) OM/PW who would like to make an even trade for my standard width OM/PW.

I figured I’d wait til someone expresses interest before taking and posting photos, but I’ll try to snap at least one to add here soon. I have 100% positive feedback on Reverb, Ebay, and TGP emporiums, happy to confirm my credentials. Please let me know if you or anyone you know is interested in this trade!

Thank you,

Tate

indexless
        Keymaster

Welcome Tate, hope you can find it here

strange language
          Participant

Thank you, indexless!

SkyDog
            Participant

Tate, find out for sure if it really makes a difference. A friend I jam with and I have identical D1’s save for the narrower nut on his. They are so similar that we’ve had to resort to the sn to differentiate whose is whose. You’re basically talking about the thickness of two sheets of printer paper.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by indexless.
              • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by indexless.
              indexless
              Keymaster

Welcome SkyDog, pull up a chair and pick awhile

SkyDog
                Participant

What happened to the OP?

strange language
                  Participant

OP here, Skydog. I didn’t reply to your first comment because it looks more like spam created by an AI bot than a real reply since it hyperlinks to an Amazon ad.

If you are in fact a real user and not a bot, I will say: thanks for your feedback, but I’ve been playing long enough to know what works for me and what doesn’t, and I am quite able to feel the difference between the 2 standard nut widths. In recent years I have developed finger and hand pain that makes wider necks painful for me. Even 1/16” of an inch makes a remarkable difference.

indexless
                    Keymaster

Hello Strange

Thank you for pointing out the Amazon link, it’s been removed. I know Skydog from another forum so I know he’s not a bot.  I myself find a huge difference as I age I seem to be going narrow as well. I had a stellar SCGC RS about 15 years ago, the guitar was sold to pay for a sick dog at home. I’m playing Tad’s right now and find myself almost lost in the width, the 1 5/8 on my Tele’s and Strat just about right.
                      your om/pw doesn’t happen to have cats eyes or style 42 inlays does it?

also digdog has an OM Grand. Koa for sale with a 11/16th nut. It’s a stellar guitar as I’ve been lucky enough to play it

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by indexless.
                  Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.