For Sale: StewMac Premium Body-Built Acoustic Guitar Kit

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums Buy and Sell For Sale: StewMac Premium Body-Built Acoustic Guitar Kit

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Barber Derek
      Participant

This is the StewMac acoustic guitar kit with the dreadnought body basically assembled.  My wife bought me the kit during the pandemic, but, I never got a chance to open the box.  Now that my normal work schedule has resumed, I just don’t have the time to complete this project.

Original price on the kit is listed as $499.99 and it is currently discounted to $349.99.  I am willing to sell the kit for $300 plus shipping.  I can ship to CONUS only.  If you are interested in the kit I can get your address to calculate shipping via UPS.

If you’ve ever had the itch to make your own guitar, this kit is a fine place to start.

Here is some of the info from the StewMac website on this particular kit:

This guitar features a solid Sitka Spruce top for exceptional tone and a rich voice. For a tone that gets even better with age, the back and sides are solid Khaya Mahogany.

Part of what makes acoustic guitar building so intimidating is the sheer number of steps involved. With this kit, about half the work’s already done for you. This saves literally days of work and greatly cuts down on the number of specialized tools and jigs you need to complete the build.

Here are just a few of the complicated steps we’ve done for you:

Joining, thickness-sanding, and profiling the soundboard and back
        Installing the rosette and cutting the soundhole
        Bracing the top and back plates
        Accurately bending the sides
        Building the rim, installing the linings, and getting the body geometry right
        Gluing the top and back plates to the sides
        Installing the body binding and end graft
        Cutting the dovetail mortise
        Rough carving the neck shape
        Precisely cutting the dovetail tenon
        Neck is rough fit to the body, ready for final fitting
        Fingerboard is inlaid and pre-slotted for frets

Here is the link to the webpage if you would like to see more info on the kit:

https://www.stewmac.com/kits-and-projects/instrument-kits/acoustic-guitar-kits/stewmac-body-built-acoustic-guitar-kit

indexless
        Keymaster

I keep looking at this

Hank
          Participant

Your dogs would use it for tooth picks.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.