“Essential Business”

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion “Essential Business”

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      zorro
      Participant

I note that within the  Ca. Stay home declaration that  “Herb “Shops are considered ‘Essential Business…….

1993 Martin Custom HD-28 IR/Sitka
      2001 SCGC Custom F Cutaway Maple/German
      2008 SCGC Custom OT Madi/Italian
      2015 SCGC Custom OM “The Tree” Hog/ European
      2016 SCGC Custom 1934 D45 Braz/ Adi

The Bay, The Gulf Stream, The Open Ocean are particular about who they share their Secrets with.

Matt Hayden
      Participant

They’re considered so bc of the medical marijuana function.   Dispensaries not under that rubric aren’t considered essential.

zorro
      Participant

Well……When in years past I have had a digestive episode “Down Island” I have always found a “Dark & Stormy” and some fine Herb have been most restorative…..Only for medicinal purposes Y’All understand.

The Bay, The Gulf Stream, The Open Ocean are particular about who they share their Secrets with.

Matt Hayden
      Participant

Completely.  As Kathy Wingert noted on Facebook a couple of days ago it may be time to drink.

If Beth weren’t asthmatic, I might indulge otherwise as well, but smoke makes her cough….

Stay well, everyone.

Historical note: O’Carolan, greatest of the Irish harpists, once was feeling low and was told by one doctor he could not drink, and so he took to his bed and prepared for the end.  However, another doctor, Dr. John Safford – of Planxty Safford song fame – gave Carolan a receipt, what we’d now call a prescription, for whisky, which got Carolan out of bed and composing a tune for Safford in no time.  So we all need a blanket receipt for whisky, I think!

….Though a dark and stormy is hard to beat in Florida 🙂

tadol
      Participant

I hate to admit it, but this has been a time of far more drinking than I am normally used to –

Daniel
      Participant

Saturday, here in L’Aisne, was dull, damp, cold, and grey.

That morning I printed off the form for essential travel and delivered some potatoes and a bit of one of Claudine’s cakes to my in-laws.  My father-in-law came to meet the car and looked visibly distressed when I got out to hand him the goodies.  He looks tired and worried.  My mother-in-law came out a moment later and asked about the kids.  She wanted to chat.  So I spent some time in my horrible French sputtering away before getting back in the car I only drive once a week.

I rolled by the garden shop, but it was closed until 2pm. So I rolled home.  No cops.  No real need for the form this time.  Very few people on the road.  One was a kid in his 20s driving like he was doing the Monaco Grand Prix.  Sometimes people see an empty road as an invitation to go too fast.

When I got home, the surreal nature of my hour out of the house made me want Scotch.  I was about to go get it when I looked at the clock: 10:30am.

I couldn’t tell 10am from 4pm.  First time in my life I’ve actually wanted a drink before 12.

Stay sane my friends.

Daniel

zorro
      Participant

Drinking Rum before 10 am means you’re a Pirate….not an alcoholic .

Daniel
      Participant

Arr, matey that be true.  Unfortunately we are fresh out of rum.

We got wine, pastis (anise derived liquor), gin, whiskey (Bourbon), whisky (Scotch), mead, and beer. But no rum.

Oh well!
      Daniel

Matt Hayden
      Participant

Working from home means I know when it’s 5 o’clock.  However, it’s been a bit raw and damp, and so the odd tiny dram in a hot toddy to warm up a body is not awful.

As I work, I’m helping Beth learn to solder – she needs to learn because of the maker space projects she does at work.   It makes for a nice break from normal work.    And today I reorganized my home office so as to have power strips hooked up in a way that will not incinerate us.

I also had a conference with the cat, who sat on my keyboard and talked (I think) about my performance. He seems to think that our attendance has improved markedly but the volume of snacks and attention is insufficient, and that we need to work on it.  Since he was clearly attempting to give me boss-style instruction, I put on his collar that has a tie on it; this has given him additional agency, to the point where his newfound sartorial splendor entitles him to walk anywhere and lick any plate.

And it’s only the second week of shelter-in-place.

Daniel
      Participant

Chickens are being let into he kitchen.  Alive.
      I keep saying, “This is how viruses mutate.”  But they only listen when I shout, “Chickens stay outside!”

😉

Daniel

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.