Eric's new CD

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Hank
      Participant

I notice that it is due for release on the 2nd of Oct.
      Look forward to getting my copy.
      I see that one of the tracks is titled “Newman’s Blues”….About a certain Keymaster ????

1993 Martin HD-28 IR/Sitka
      2001 SCGC F Cutaway Maple/German
      2008 SCGC OT Madi/Italian
      2015 SCGC OM “The Tree” Hog/ European
      2016 SCGC 1934 D45 Braz/ Adi
      2016 Taylor K62 CE Limited Edition 12 string all Koa
      2019 SCGC FTC Granadillo/Redwood
      Life is a journey…not a guided tour,
      The Bay,The Gulf Stream , The Open Ocean are particular about who they share their secrets with.

indexless
      Keymaster

Maybe, I heard a preview copy, the sound is unreal, it’s like your head is inside his guitar, be sure to watch the volume when it first plays….Eric has reached a new level in sound and playing, it’s just out of this world….I saw he shipped them last week, stay tuned

Hank
      Participant

So…. As some of you know I’m “producing ” a CD that is currently in the editing phase for a vocal duo Called Smart and Sassy. My wife Dee and her partner Kathleen Peace. Of course “Producer” really means Check Writer (insert smiles and Love here),and today I went to the studio with my Remuda (except for the SC DA-1 which is for sale in TN.) to record my limited guitar prowess.
      The purpose was to make a recording of each of the Remuda in as natural a voice as possible.
      I have never been in a studio as “the Player” in my life but the recording session was fun and I thought I did not make a total fool of myself.
      So I loaded up the guitars in the Jeep and headed back to home….there to find Eric Skye’s CD in the mail.
      I loaded Ballads And Blues into the player and adjusted the levels and listened to one of the great guitar players of our time……I am now going to open a bottle of wine and drown my pathetic efforts at guitar playing in a sea of Cabernet. I am locking my guitars in the cabinet and will have to seriously consider clinical help !!!!

The Bay,The Gulf Stream , The Open Ocean are particular about who they share their secrets with.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Hank.

Received my copy of Eric’s CD TODAY   Oh man!   I just want to be sittin in the early warm morning sun eyes closed sipping me java an grooving.   So tastefully Eric Skye acoustic guitar stylings   Loven it!!!

haasome
      Participant

I got mine today — MASTERFUL!

– Paul –

tadol

I was extremely happy to be able to provide minor financial assistance to help Eric get that CD out, and while I haven’t gotten my copy yet (may be in the mail – I’m not there to look for another week plus) I am even happier to say he is gonna do a concert for us in Berkeley on Dec 1st, and if any forum members can make it here, you are most cordially invited to attend!!

Lots o’ SCGC guitars! But never ask which is my fav

indexless
      Keymaster

Is this in the new building or in Italy? 🙂   I’m heading to PDX at the end of the month for video, maybe we can help you fill some chairs 🙂  Safe travels

tadol

<p style=”text-align: left;”>The new space would be nice,  if not in a particularly unappealing  part of town. And Europe ends tomorrow ( 😩 ) – so the show will be at a beautiful little social club in the Berkeley hills that’s been there about 110 years now.  More details as we figure them out!</p>

Lots o’ SCGC guitars! But never ask which is my fav

Hank
      Participant

I don’t remember where or when (isn’t that the name of a song ?) I heard Eric play his interpretation of “Take Five” by Dave Brubeck. Without question my favorite song of ANY Genre. Does anyone know where I might find a copy of Eric’s version.

indexless
      Keymaster

Maybe…check your email

Matt Hayden
      Participant

I’ll be there for the Dec 1 show – pls send details!

thanks

mh

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.