DANG ME A DANDY DEAL

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Chrisakadigdog
      Participant

Well as many here may know I’m a chronic browser for those , “ man you may never see this deal again so snag it while you can”,  Santa Cruz Guitars.   Well over the Christmas Season I followed a particularly sweet looking 1934 M  and put forward my best offer/ bid and to my surprise won this guitar.   

Hank
        Participant

Oh MY..Very Nice…Hope it sounds as great as it looks…Details PLEASE.

But, as you have often told me You’re a sucker for SUNBURST.

Chrisakadigdog
            Participant

It does indeed MR Z.  Through the last 20 years I ‘ve had the joy and pleasure of caring for quite a number of SCGC guitars. A few Sitka ,a couple Italian, two Koa and a couple of Cedar topped builds but never an Adirondack spruce top.    This is the supreme majestic Adirondack cut in the 1930’s. WOW!!!     Quasi Moto would be in bliss with the bell like quality tone of this ringer.  Built in 2010.  So it has had that quantitative time to develop its magic.

Back and sides are from the OLD STASH STUFF Mahogany that looks deep reddish and quartered beautifully.

The body back and sides are bound with the back-lit tortoise which has become a fave of mine since having the D LAW..     This baby’s tone rings clear and bold to the touch through the 4 1/2” sound hole.

Acoustic Soul
            Participant

mmmmmmmm , now this is very nice 😀

Hank
              Participant

Yep Dig I agree with you about the OLD Master Adi that Mr. Hoover uses on the 1934 models…..My 34 Zorro is SOOO very bell like.

I know we all expect our Newly built SC guitars to “open up with age” but when the wood used in the 34 models is so very old to begin with I think we pretty much should only expect to hear a sound that is a just a bit greater than than the sum of the parts.

Again congrats…it is wonderful….I’m happy for you….looks like a real keeper.

Matt Hayden
                Participant

That’s right purty.  Can’t wait to hear it….

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.