Custom OM Grand ordered

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion Custom OM Grand ordered

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      squarewave
      Participant

Hi Gang

I guess this must be my first post here are being a member for some years.

Im excited to become a Santa Cruz owner later this year, just put in an order for a OM grand. I’ve spec’d out with forward  shifted bracing, long diamonds and squares fretboard inlays, short scale, adi top and indian rosewood back and sides.

I wanted to make it a bit of an all rounder, bit o picking and a bit o strumming.

Anyhoo, I’ve been lusting after one ever since I did the factory tour some 5 or 6 whilst on tour with my band – Richard and the crew couldn’t have been nicer.

Cheers Andrew Melbourne Australia

@drewcifer01

indexless
        Keymaster

Welcome Andrew,

Your first post is moderated by the platform but you should be good to post now. Congrats on the GRAND, wonderful guitars, post pictures when you get them…again, welcome

Dannymeeg
          Participant

Oh wowsers!! Sounds like that will be a helluva guitar!!

Anonymous

Good for you. I’m jealous of coarse. That would be fun. I’ve only purchased ready made SC guitars.

haasome
              Participant

Sounds terrific Andrew. I worked with Carolyn to spec out an OMG that I took delivery of 3 years ago. It’s amazing and definitely qualifies as a lifetime guitar. Keep us posted on your build. I expect it will be magnificent.

– Paul –

squarewave
                Participant

Thanks for your kind words fellas – will be sure to keep you posted and will be sure to keep you updated.

I was very close to ordering with mahogany back and sides but the night before I ordered, i watched a youtube demo of a rosewood back and sides – after I picked my jaw up off the floor i was sold on rosewood. In both tone and beauty. I do love mahogany (I even built and 59 LP jnr 100% hog) but the demo was just amazing.

Anyhoo, the shop I ordered it through hope to take delivery of it in December along with a fresh batch of their own. If I get any progress pics I’ll be sure to post :).

Now off to do so practice in anticipation.

@drewcifer01

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by squarewave.
                  bert
                  Participant

Andrew, glad you got around to posting here, Aussies are welcome.  We’ll be hangin in with you for the delivery.  best regards, bert

Hank
                    Participant

Welcome Andrew….. beautiful build coming your way…….feed us more….We can take it !!

squarewave
                      Participant

thanks gents – will post pics fo sure

@drewcifer01

squarewave
                        Participant

Carolyn tells me that my guitar as of last week is in the finishing process so, shan’t be too long before it’s winging it’s way to Australia.

Starting to get a wee bit excited ?

@drewcifer01

tadol
                          Senior Moderator

Thats VERY exciting!

squarewave
                            Participant

Got the word my new OM ships is 2 weeks ??

@drewcifer01

indexless
                              Keymaster

Pretty exciting!

squarewave
                                Participant

My guitar has finally landed. Had the email from the acoustic centre telling me so. Only trouble is that I won’t be able to make it there till the weekend. 

@drewcifer01

tadol
                                  Senior Moderator

Sure you can’t just call in sick and pick it up today? Newguitaritis – I’d recommend you take about a week off to make sure you’re completely better before you infect anyone around you –

squarewave
                                      Participant

Ha ha I wish. Have a long day ahead of me visiting new train stations out in rural Victoria (Au).

I’ll be at the store waiting for it to open sat morning.
                                        side note  – looks like I have been upgraded to a deluxe case 😀

@drewcifer01

squarewave
                                      Participant

@drewcifer01

haasome
                                        Participant

Lovely guitar. It should keep a smile on your face.

– Paul –

tadol
                                          Senior Moderator

Wait – are you saying your job is to ride the train and play guitar?  That’s a pretty sweet gig –

😉

squarewave
                                            Participant

I wish

@drewcifer01

Viewing 18 reply threads
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.