Could We ?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      zorro
      Participant

As I have provisioned the “Home front”, as if we were in for a bad hurricane season, (which lasts 6 months) and having just received 5 sets of new SCGC strings for the whole Ramuda , I feel some small bit of security.

All of Dee’s gigs have been cancelled for the next 6 weeks…… The Canadians have been told to come home by their government….The beaches of Ft.Lauderdale , Miami Beach, The Panhandle (Ft. Walton , Pensacola) and here in S.W. Fla are closing……But, like the Italians, might we find a way to share our music with our SCGC instruments?

I’m an an old fart when it comes to the new social networking….but is there any EASY way for us to record/submit audio/video of our “Pickings” on this forum…..Just wondering….

What’s a good Mic for an Android Phone ?   Yes there is something ELSE beside APPLE !!

1993 Martin Custom HD-28 IR/Sitka
      2001 SCGC Custom F Cutaway Maple/German
      2008 SCGC Custom OT Madi/Italian
      2015 SCGC Custom OM “The Tree” Hog/ European
      2016 SCGC Custom 1934 D45 Braz/ Adi

The Bay, The Gulf Stream, The Open Ocean are particular about who they share their Secrets with.

tadol
      Participant

You mean Orange?  😉

I’m gonna let our fearless and highly knowledgable leader  offer his advice on this, but it seems that the easiest way to share audio is to upload it to another source, and share a link to the file here.  Just like the podcasts –

Try setting up something on Soundcloud and post what you can from there –

But as far as putting a mic on an Android phone – I would think that depends on the connector. Are they standard? Some flavor of USB? I can only suggest that Sweetwater, or even Guitar Center or Musicians Friend might have a variety of mics that’d work.  And as far as apps go, that might depend on the version of android, and the brand of phone. Hopefully others can offer some advice –

it might be easier to get a good USB mic, and do something on your computer – lots of good free or inexpensive recording apps for PCs –

I am currently playing with an Izotope Spire I borrowed, and it’s is a pretty cool little device, hut again, oriented to IOS –

Daniel
      Participant

Given Chris Thile’s ‘Live from Home’ efforts (in lieu of has normal weekly radio program), sharing video might be easier.  🙂

Daniel

indexless
      Keymaster

OK…Here goes…….Yes there are ways to share and yes Daniel, video is easier. About the best platform out there is ZOOM and I would suggest the PRO version of it. I’ve been using it for a couple of years and it works really well…except…as every school and business goes on line the internet pipes get pretty full pretty fast. I was on a call yesterday and we had a lot of freezes and drop off. So…..google up ZOOM and let’s go from there.  I am looking at it for the Podcasts as well…so….onward into a brave new world folks.

Matt Hayden
      Participant

A less expensive alternative is a Blue Snowball mic, which on position 3 is pretty tasty. It’s like $40 and plugs into your computer/phone/whatever’s USB port and works easily.  We have a couple at work and those of us who jam a couple times a week either have our own at home or are borrowing office mics for a network jam via google hangouts.  It’s more fun that it sounds like, esp with a big monitor and within the local area the latency really is low enough to jam.

zorro
      Participant

I ordered this today (Blue snowball)…..delivery in about a week.

1993 Martin Custom HD-28 IR/Sitka
      2001 SCGC Custom F Cutaway Maple/German
      2008 SCGC Custom OT Madi/Italian
      2015 SCGC Custom OM “The Tree” Hog/ European
      2016 SCGC Custom 1934 D45 Braz/ Adi

The Bay, The Gulf Stream, The Open Ocean are particular about who they share their Secrets with.

Matt Hayden
      Participant

You’ll be amazed – test the different positions and I’ll bet 3 is the one you like most,  Sounds amazing and packs up small for travel.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.