Catfish Keith Special

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Mr. Jelly
      Participant

Last night I had the pleasure of watching Catfish Keith perform at an out door event on a beautiful summers night. He played several different guitars but the standout by far was the Santa Cruz Catfish Keith Special. An all mahogany single 0 guitar. I don’t have much experience with single 0 guitars and of coarse I had my thoughts about them. This is the best sounding acoustic guitar from a stage I have ever heard, period. The snap and tone from the low E string would put any dreadnought to shame. It has a clarity and has a thick well balanced tone across the spectrum. Keith favors playing some on the high e string and his all hog guitar served up some sweet and thick e string tone. I fell in love with the guitar there is no doubt. And as always Catfish put on a great entertaining show fingerpicking those blues.

SC 00 Sitka/Hog 1929 Cowboy purfling Buttertoast
      Collings 001 T
      Waterloo WL-S Deluxe

Hank
      Participant

Catfish has it ALL Go’in On.

There is a whole lotta “Southern Delta” in that man’s Soul.

First heard him at the SCGC 40th weekend………I was grinning during his whole set.

1993 Martin HD-28 IR/Sitka
      2001 SCGC F Cutaway Maple/German
      2008 SCGC OT Madi/Italian
      2015 SCGC OM “The Tree” Hog/ European
      2016 SCGC 1934 D45 Braz/ Adi
      2016 Taylor K62 CE Limited Edition 12 string all Koa
      2019 SCGC FTC Granadillo/Redwood
      Life is a journey…not a guided tour,
      The Bay,The Gulf Stream , The Open Ocean are particular about who they share their secrets with.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.