Catfish Keith and his signature 0 – in person!

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion Catfish Keith and his signature 0 – in person!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      tadol

Had the great pleasure of seeing Catfish Keith out at Mighty Fine Guitars last night. He did a great evening, interchanging between his National Steel baritone tricone, and his very new (first gig!) signature SCGC O mahogany guitar. Well – I first saw him at the SCGC 40th Anniversary show, and all I can say is, you gotta see him to understand – and even then you may not, but you gotta love the sound!! My wife was convinced that he had extra strings hidden in there somewhere –

I asked for some pics – here you go – more info on this incredible little guitar on the SCGC site –

Catfish Keith Signature headstock

Matt Hayden
      Participant

Missed that show; wish I’d gotten there.

Hank
      Participant

When Dee and I attended the 40th party and the weekend concerts we were TOTALLY blow away by the Catfish Keith performance.
      The only problem was that I probably set back my playing by trying for a week trying to play like him……I gave up and went back to my old bad habits.
      he really is just plain flat fun to listen to and watch.

1993 Martin HD-28 IR/Sitka
      2001 SCGC F Cutaway Maple/German
      2008 SCGC OT Madi/Italian
      2015 SCGC OM “The Tree” Hog/ European
      2016 SCGC 1934 D45 Braz/ Adi
      2016 Taylor K62 CE Limited Edition 12 string all Koa
      2019 SCGC FTC Granadillo/Redwood
      Life is a journey…not a guided tour,
      The Bay,The Gulf Stream , The Open Ocean are particular about who they share their secrets with.

Matt Hayden
      Participant

….plus he got Bob Armstrong to design the Catfish headstock logo – how cool is that!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.