Can you wish SCGC a happy 45th birthday?

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion Can you wish SCGC a happy 45th birthday?

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      tadol
      Senior Moderator

We’re trying to come up with a special little presentation for Richard and the crew (past and present!) at the mothership to thank them for the last 45 years of dedication to building such wonderful instruments. Every one of you could help us by making a quick 20-40 second video of you with your Santa Cruz guitar(s), or even just you if you are currently SCG-less, thanking Richard and crew, and congratulating them on their 45th birthday –

Just for example –  “Hey Everyone at Santa Cruz, its (your name) from (your location) with my (your guitar) and I gotta say how much I appreciate everything y’all have put into this beautiful instrument, and congratulations on your 45th Anniversary. I wish we could all be there in person, but we’re all there in spirit, and you’re with me every time I pick this up to play – looking forward to the 46th, and beyond! “. – or something like that, you get the idea – change it up, add anything personal you want, but do try to keep it under 30 seconds, max. That is, unless your PR folks wanna send a big contribution to keep the Forum going – in that case, have your people contact our people – (note to self, we gotta get people – )

And as a second aside – we’re sorta keeping this secret from the front office – we’re hoping they are all so busy they wont notice this announcement – so we’ll keep this all between us for now. But let other SCGC people and players know –  we’ll put it all together and surprise them!

When you have something recorded, PM me and I’ll send you a link to upload it – try to do it as well lit and hi-quality in video and audio as you can – try not to be too lit yourself. We, of course, reserve the right to edit or reject anything we feel is inappropriate, but knowing y’all, that shouldn’t be a problem –

Finally – this has gotta happen pretty darn quick, so quit reading the forum. give your sweetie the phone, comb your hair, hit record and get it done!

Looking forward to hearing from all of you!   Thanks –  Tad

Barber Derek
        Participant

This is an awesome idea, I’ll put something together this weekend! Thanks for organizing this video congrats card.

Daniel
          Participant

Just sent.  🙂

Daniel

bert
            Participant

No can do, sorry. Someone asked me if I had an iphone, I said “I got i-nothing”

Slow progress but… I do have an new replacement computer in place for a rebuild of my DAW which went down a few months ago. Not at all sure when I’ll have it back in full operation but it’s taking shape.

best wishes to SCGC on this glorious 45th birthday, bert

tadol
                Senior Moderator

Not a problem!  Doesn’t have to be i-anything, if you can do a whole lotta sketches to make a flip book, we can give you a phone call and record it, and then tie it all together!  And we don’t necessarily need a great recording – maybe a friend can catch you on their video doorbell, and send us the file –  😉   ?

Hope you get your DAW together – may wanna look at this new Mac mini with their M1 processor – pretty impressive and inexpensive little machine! Getting a lot of good reviews for both audio and video work!

bert
                Participant

Thanks Tad, I sent you a PM to see if we can work this out with a phone call as you suggested, I’ve got a fresh pic.

Back in the late 70s when I left Santa Cruz, I went to work for HP out of Palo Alto and wound up moving a few times. As a UNIX guy I bought my first PC wit the arrival of Win 7.  My new DAW and office computers are Intel 11th generation… it’s true, I’ve run test. They will do a minute in 30 seconds.

My brother stayed here for 6mos last year while having medical treatment.  He had his head in his iphone all day long, not me… enough of that, just give me a call when you’re ready.  We’ll record my birthday greetings. always grateful to you and Rich for all you do.   bert

bert
                  Participant

I was able to use my son’s camcorder and thanks to Tad I got er done.  bert

ericfolkerth
                    Participant

how do we get the video to you?

indexless
                      Keymaster

Eric,

Message me and I’ll send you a link

Richard

tadol
                        Senior Moderator

Well – we put the video shorts together and presented it to Richard and crew – I think he was very touched, and I thank everyone who took a few minutes to contribute –

We’re hoping that they will release it, and make it available, but thats entirely the shops call.

It has got me thinking about another project – anyone wanna contribute a Xmas song? Think about it – we’ll see if its maybe something we can organize –  😉

Matt Hayden
                          Participant

Oh, I’ve got a Christmas song.  Do you want video or just sound?

Daniel
                            Participant

What Matt said….

D

tadol
                              Senior Moderator

The idea is still just an emaciated waif, wandering thru the cobwebbed passages in the back of my brain –  when fully fleshed and ready for prime-time, details will follow!

But . . .  If you already have your seasonal decorations up, you might as well start working on your video. Even if we end up only using the audio, your family & friends will appreciate watching your video, wherever they are at Xmas!

Barber Derek
                                Participant

That’s great about the video, is there any way we can see it?  Maybe a link or a way to post it here on the forum?

Thanks, again for all the work you guys put in to the forum, podcasts, videos, etc.

indexless
                                  Keymaster

Barber Derrick

we’ve had some stragglers. I’m going to try to post Monday. It’s Great and RH and Carolyn loved it. Stay tuned

Viewing 13 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.