Business sure can kill the genius

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion Business sure can kill the genius

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Hank
      Participant

Just finished “Testimony” by Robbie Robertson and “This Wheel On Fire By Levon Helm.
        Read them back to back…What a different take on my favorite band.
        I play a lot of The Band’s music and without a doubt they were one of the greatest influences on my guitar playing.
        I love the genre known as “American Roots”.
        Their different take on “The Music Business” by Robertson and Helm make me very happy that I’m “just a picker” who plays for my own enjoyment and the pleasure of a few others.
        So sad that that such genius can be destroyed by time and money.
        But…..I’ll always be “Up On Cripple Creek” .
        My thanks to The members of “The Band” for many nights of music.

Anonymous

”   Very  happy that  I’m “just a picker”   who plays for my own enjoyment and the pleasure of a few others”  .

I’ve been reading quite a few books by performers and I couldn’t agree more with your words above.

What a grueling life ,on the road and dealing with all that encompass’s. I love my farm life.

I own 2copies of  “The Last Waltz”  which I try to view several times a year  One of the Greatest!

Hank
            Participant

DigDog…..Looks like Tadol is heading for the BIG TIME.
              See his post on Shows and Video.

indexless
            Keymaster

“Music has always been a matter of Energy to me, a question of Fuel. Sentimental people call it Inspiration, but what they really mean is Fuel. I have always needed Fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio.”
              ― Hunter S. Thompson

indexless
              Keymaster

“Music is everybody’s business. It’s only the publishers who think people own it”
                ― John Lennon

indexless
                Keymaster

“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There’s also a negative side.”
                  ― Hunter S. Thompson

Matt Hayden
                  Participant

The last quote is one of my favorites from HST.

Anonymous

God bless Hunter gonzo mind Thompson!@@!

And I just watched Crazy Heart  great soundtrack  thanks Tbone Burnett

Viewing 5 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.