Anyone here buy my Da-1 ?

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion Anyone here buy my Da-1 ?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Hank
      Participant

I received notice a few days ago that my 2005 SC DA-1 Braz/Sitka/Sunburst was sold by a SC dealer in Franklin Tn.
      This was the guitar that hooked me on all things Santa Cruz and introduced me to Mr.Hoover and the Crew at SCGC.
      Also to some of you personally and many of you via this Forum and the “Old” one.
      I met the late Alex Austin through the old forum and we became great friends before he sailed over the horizon. We played at his home…he with his SC VS and OM/PW and me with the Da-1. A magic session. Dee later record Orphan Girl with Alex and we listen to it on her CD and Soundcloud with love and emotion.
      It led me to buying 5 other SC instruments and to ordering the 1934 Zorro and that led to making great guitar friends at the 40th party. Some have become really good friends.
      I sent the guitar to the Mothership to have the neck reset and a full set up. I was introduced to Carolyn and Gerard via phone during that time and learned why SCGC is known as the best Customer Service in the business.
      I truly hope that a member of this Forum purchased it. or, maybe the buyer will come join us.
      All of the above and much more because I saw the Da-1 hanging high in the corner of a Guitar Center in Ft. Myers Fl. Just shows what one guitar can do.
      I will be removing the Da-1 from the list of the Remuda with regret…but looking forward to specing the ‘Blue Hole” FTC.

1993 Martin HD-28 IR/Sitka
      2001 SCGC F Cutaway Maple/German (For Sale)
      2008 SCGC OT Madi/Italian
      2015 SCGC OM “The Tree” Hog/ European
      2016 SCGC 1934 D45 Braz/ Adi
      2016 Taylor K62 CE Limited Edition 12 string all Koa
      2019 SCGC FTC Granadillo/Redwood
      Life is a journey…not a guided tour,
      The Bay,The Gulf Stream , The Open Ocean are particular about who they share their secrets with.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Hank.
      • This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Hank.
      Matt Hayden
      Participant

Whoever got it was lucky 😄

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.