A Very Special Custom OMPW

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion A Very Special Custom OMPW

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Neil Carr
      Participant

Hey folks,

I recently purchased my first SCGC instrument from Sylvan in Santa Cruz. It’s intended to be handed down to my daughter. The whole process was an adventure, which I’ve documented in this video on youtube. Hope you enjoy:

indexless
      Keymaster

Welcome Neil! Thanks for a great uplifting story, welcome to the forum!

wbb90TR
      Participant

Neil,

No apologies for your playing which is as articulate, sweetly sensitive and beautifully played as is your wonderful story documenting your Santa Cruz acquisition. Treasure each day as you watch your beautiful children grow and learn to appreciate the gifts of music and the love for them that you are embracing.

Peace,

Walter

tadol

Nice video – beautiful guitar. Welcome to the forum!

Hank
      Participant

Beautiful family, beautiful thoughts, Beautiful Guitar…….wonderful playing.

1993 Martin HD-28 IR/Sitka
      2001 SCGC F Cutaway Maple/German (For Sale)
      2008 SCGC OT Madi/Italian
      2015 SCGC OM “The Tree” Hog/ European
      2016 SCGC 1934 D45 Braz/ Adi
      2016 Taylor K62 CE Limited Edition 12 string all Koa
      2019 SCGC FTC Granadillo/Redwood
      Life is a journey…not a guided tour,
      The Bay,The Gulf Stream , The Open Ocean are particular about who they share their secrets with.

Neil Carr
      Participant

Thanks for the compliments folks. I had to record each of these tunes at least twice before I could get a clean cut. This guitar is fantastic, but not forgiving. Typical of a new Adi/Mahogany guitar, I’m told.
      Walter, my second child is also named Walter – for him I’m thinking a rosewood dread will be in order. We shall see.

indexless
      Keymaster

Only 2 times Neil? Come on, give the rest of us a chance….wonderful playing

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.