A Rainy Season Rabbit Hole

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion A Rainy Season Rabbit Hole

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Hank
      Participant

The Rainy season is just beginning here on the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Beautiful mornings followed by heavy heat and humidity then “Frog Strangler” rains , rolling thunder and lots of lightning.

All followed by slightly cooler evenings and beautiful sunsets.

But during the afternoons the best place to be is indoors in the A/C and playing guitars.

Soooo…. I have decided to organize all my music books…..

A book for 12 string songs.

A book for DADGAD chords and Progressions and Irish tunes.

A book for ALL THE JAZZ CHORDS MATT HAYDEN SENT ME….This will take awhile.

A clean up and organization of the “Big Red Book” of several hundred songs that I play if I can read the print and chord charts.

A clean up and organization of songs I know by heart….but sometimes forget chords or lyrics mid verse or chorus.

I’m not going anywhere (unless a friend needs me) and I’ll just be better organized if we have to blow town for a Hurricane……we have done that only once (Irma)….but best be prepared.

My problem ???…..every time I open up a book to organize it, I find myself grabbing one of the Ramuda and going for a ride down memory lane……and than I lose all interest in the book an try to find a better way to play the song.

Oh well…….

Anonymous

Recently I have looked through my books and grabbed a couple to read through again. I always find things to go over and experiment with. So I set them by my play seat until they get in my way and I put them away again. I always have more thing to go over than I have patients for. So I do actually work on things just not everything that crosses my path.

tadol
          Senior Moderator

I’m the same way with changing strings – I think I should change the strings on a guitar, so I take it out of it’s case, sit down and start playing it, and end up just playing for a while until I get called away.  It’s not that I don’t ever change them, but it’s awful easy to get sidetracked, and do something more fun –

The one technique I’ve learned is to pull the guitar out, and don’t play it – just take the strings off – that kinda forces me to complete the job, even if dinner’s getting cold –

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.