A Gulf Coast Day

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Hank
      Participant

Today was one of the wonderful summer days in Florida.

Early morning (4;AM) thunderheads rolled in from the Gulf with Thunder and Lightning and Rain that happens only on the Gulf of Mexico coast……we call them ‘Frog Stranglers”.

Then a dry and hot afternoon.

And this evening the 35,000 foot  thunderheads built over the Everglades and traveled just East and moving North of us while showing brilliant lightning and rolling thunder.

after a conversation with Digdog I grabbed the SCGC OM from The Tree and strummed a bit while watching the show……a wonderful Florida day.

tadol
        Senior Moderator

I remember my wife and I drove down to Key West while in Florida –  was a great time – probably the last time I’ll have my ass grabbed by a drunk woman on the street. Now I’m just another kindly looking grandpa type –

But after leaving Fl, we went to Turks and Caicos, and I will never forget looking out across the Caribbean, and watching the thunderheads flashing in anger as they slid across the ocean far away, while we sat on a perfect beach, with perfect white sand, and perfect blue water, perfect weather, and drinks in hand – amazing –

which lasted about 2 hours. I was then so severly sunburnt that I spent the rest of the trip hiding in the darkest corner of the bar, on my ipad – which is when I found the FTC for sale in Chicago, but thats another story –

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.