a biologic discovery

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Hank
      Participant

like most of you I notice that after hours of playing my SCGC guitars small bits of “stuff” accumulate on the top side and soundboard. Now, as to where this “Stuff” comes from I hesitate to speculate. Suffice it to say it is there and is objectionable, both cosmeticly and from a sanitary perspective.

So I pulled out the SCGC wax and started to clean the Otis Taylor H. Now as Y’all know the OT top is Beautiful and of a wonderful color. It shows every little blemish. After using the wax I noticed that the “Stuff” was not coming off. I didn’t want to rub too hard but this crap just was not coming off.

Remembering the Old Marine spit polish routine …..I put some saliva on my finger and rubbed it on to the “Stuff”. It immediantly  came off… leaving a brilliant shine.

I was just wondering if maybe I should suggest a new product to Richard ?

Matt Hayden
        Participant

I’ll allow that your method works mighty fine, and suspect we’ve all done that from time to time, esp when we have a long-sleeved shirt on.

…..But I’m getting a lil’ bit hung up trying to work up a way to market it.    What would be the product name?  What would be the slogan?

And lest you think this wouldn’t fly, remember the most common product for surfboard cleaning is called “Sex Wax,” so it’s just a matter of branding.  The millennials will line up to buy it alongside their raw water….

😉

turbotom1052
          Participant

how bout “STUFF remover”?

Hank
              Participant

Brand name is easy…. SCGC SHINEOLA !!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.