3 Million Dollar Martin? Yep

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion 3 Million Dollar Martin? Yep

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      indexless
      Keymaster

Get the facts right here….really?

https://www.mandolincafe.com/ads/128013#128013

Daniel
        Participant

Yeah.  Saw that.

We’re in Stradivarius territory ladies and gents.

I have Mike Long’s History of Martin Guitars (the original version) with all the production stats.  I wonder if it’s in there.  Hmm.

Well, it’ll need to wait until I find that particular box of books.

🙂 Daniel

tadol
          Senior Moderator

I wonder what Richard could build for 3 million – Probably have a few more bathrooms ( as well as sound better! ) –

😉

indexless
            Keymaster

Maybe that should be the new challenge…….give 5 Luthiers 3 million each and see who builds the best one…crazy

Daniel
              Participant

I think you’d have a tough time spending 3 million to build a single guitar in an existing shop.

The perceived value of a one-off Martin is due mostly to the fact that Martin has been around since 1833 under the same family doing the same sort of work for its entire history.  And for a relatively brief period of time (the perfectly timed post WWII era when baby boomers discovered acoustic music and began to run the market for its paraphernalia) they were the best acoustic guitars available.

Hard to duplicate that in a new instrument.  I’ll bet my SCGC sounds as good as or better than this $3millon museum piece.

🙂

Daniel

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.