WTB – Santa Cruz OM/PW

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums Buy and Sell WTB – Santa Cruz OM/PW

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      goodry
      Participant

Hello,

New to the forum here. I have been searching around for a OM/PW and so far I’ve found ones I like but historically they have sold for less than I’m finding them ($4,000+).

I was curious if anybody has one they want to sell – I currently have a 2011 Guild D50ce Bluegrass (Dtar pickup), Adirondack over East Indian rosewood, Plekked, new bone saddle, Setup by the best tech in Dallas.. I have it for sale but would gladly incorporate it into a trade + cash (from my side) for a OM/PW, Looking for a rosewood version.

Here is a link to my Guild – https://reverb.com/item/38240912-guild-d50-bluegrass-2011-natural

Looking forward to any replies!

Thanks all, Glad to be part of the community!

indexless
        Keymaster

Welcome! Let’s see if this little group can make your dreams come true

goodry
            Participant

That would be awesome!

I have listened to almost all the OM’s out there and no matter how excited they get me… I keep coming back to the SCGC pre-war – There’s something about the sound that just seems to be exceedingly better than any of the other OM’s I’ve heard.

Thanks for the welcome, I look forward to being an active part of the community!

Catndahat
            Participant

Hey Goodry,

I saw you are in TX—->>>

This is not my guitar, just been cruising the web everyday myself looking for a great deal on a D-12 with not much luck except for really high priced examples that are over 1,000 miles away.

Good luck on your search!

Nate in TX

This om/pw just popped up on CL in Austin.

2004 Santa Cruz OM-PW (pre-war) in excellent+ condition. This Orchestra model guitar has 16 years of maturity and is absolutely immaculate in every way with little to no signs of wear (1 small mark on the bottom neck binding at the 5th fret) . The top is Sitka spruce, with back and sides Indian rosewood. Case included. $3200.

https://austin.craigslist.org/msg/d/spicewood-santa-cruz-om-pw-acoustic/7271056516.html

goodry
                Participant

Thank you very much for the heads up!!!!

I have come to the conclusion that even if I do find one – They are probably going to be out of my price range. I have decided that for now until I get a little bit more capital built up, I should get something a little less expensive.

I am leaning towards a Furch Red Pure Gc-SR with LG Baggs Anthem – Spruce\Rosewood. Grand Auditorium, Master grade Sitka and Indian Rosewood. They voice the top and bottom with some proprietary electronic sonic\soundwave system, I guess it’s not tap-tone voiced. That one is $2500 shipped. The Red line is Furch’s top of the line production line, unless you include the rainbow line which is their build your own, custom line.  So I might have to wait a year or so to save up some money for the SCGC OM\PW.

Here is what I will be buying: https://reverb.com/item/37708748-furch-red-pure-gc-sr-with-lr-baggs-anthem-pickup-2019

Thank you for the heads up on the SCGC Prewar!

indexless
                Keymaster

Goodry,

One of our members “Chris AKA digdog” just bought one of these and I got a chance to play it a little, nice guitar! You should reach out to Chris!

goodry
                    Participant

Oh that’s awesome – Have you had a chance to play the OM/PW ?

goodry
                      Participant

@DigDog – If you see this – Please message me. I could not find your username. I’d love to hear your experience with the Red Pure!

Chrisakadigdog
                        Participant

Good messaging with you earlier.  Keep your eyes open for a good used SCGC  OM/pow.  Their out in the wide world.  You may need the assistance of TADOL the SCGC devineing wizard for used scgc guitars.

goodry
                          Participant

Hahaha I will ask the overload of used guitars to bequeath some of his findings upon thy.

Im very surprised that there arent more high end guitar shops in the dallas area. Austin is the place to be.

Catndahat
                          Participant

Goodry, I hope you find the “one”…heard a lot of good about the Furch guitars.

I’ve been searching off and on for years…finally found some good-uns, but always wanting one more….best wishes!

ps—I had/owned an om/pw, and let it go. OH, the tone!–still kicking myself.

indexless
                            Keymaster

Welcome Cat, thanks for joining the conversation. Our platform is a little funky so if your posts require moderation, be assured that we’ll climb that Word Press Mountain….welcome

Catndahat
                              Participant

old post, but saw an OM on Dallas Craigslist today…$2200…just in case you (or anyone in the area is still looking)

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/msg/d/dallas-santa-cruz-om-guitar-acoustic/7289879458.html

*Ps–I’m looking for a D12 at that kinda price myself.

goodry
                                Participant

Oh that’s great!

Thank you. I emailed them.

Catndahat
                                  Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Goodry, I’d be driving to Dallas right now if I wanted another om. I better quit thinking/looking at that ad b4 I get in trouble.</p>
                                    Let us know how it goes.

goodry
                                      Participant

I am trying to find out what it is exactly, if it’s a OM/PW that would be awesome. Also trying to determine what other ‘wear and tear’ it has. After realizing there’s no way i’m getting a OM/PW in my price range, I laid down some coin for a Furch Red Gc. So, If they are willing to deal a bit, I might be able to make it work but it will take some juking and jiving financially haha.

tadol
                                      Senior Moderator

That one pre-dates the /PW series –  I’m pretty sure its a standard EIR/Sitka OM, which is a really great guitar. The older ones frequently had 1-¾” nuts, and even if it needs reset, frets, and some adjustment, you’d end up with a wonderful guitar –

Looking at the case, it looks like it could be 90’s vintage – can’t make out the label or serial number, but if he were willing to ship, I’d be all over it – The older Santa Cruz guitars are something special, so if you don’t care about resale but want a guitar with a lot of soul, they fit that bill nicely, but are pretty hard to find. Wish I still had friends in Dallas –

Catndahat
                                        Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I hear ‘ya.</p>
                                          I sent an email too…but won’t step on your toes. I’m looking for a d12, but…

It looks like a standard om rosewood–crummy pics. I asked about condition too….at that price though. Might be a good one.

Anonymous

Hi Goodry and All, I have an OMPW, 2017 in excellent condition if you are interested. My email is HicksRobert@comcast.net. I will be glad to send pictures to anyone interested. Bought it about a month ago at Chicago music exchange, and it’s a great guitar.

Just realized I want something a bit smaller and I’m in search of a OO (to be very specific I’m in search of a OO rosewoodwith Ebony or Snakewood binding, 12 fret, slothead).

Best,

Robert

indexless
                                            Keymaster

Welcome Aka….Great guitar you got there!

Viewing 12 reply threads
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.