We’re reaching out!! The forum is now on Facebook too!

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion We’re reaching out!! The forum is now on Facebook too!

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      tadol
      Senior Moderator

We know many of you miss the old SCGC Players Forum – we’ve tried to create an environment for that to get re-created, but we have also realized that many people are using social media sites much more regularly than going to specific forum sites. While we have some really great members here, we would really like to try and get more.

To help with that, I’ve created a Facebook group that is specifically for SCGC Players Forum people – You don’t need to join the Facebook group if you don’t want to. You can still join us here on the Forum website, and we’ll all be sharing the same positive thoughts and ideas, and hopefully get more contributions –

But, if you are like so many people now, with a visit to Facebook a daily event, you can now join our Facebook group, and see content there – I think it may be easier for a lot of people to share their thoughts, pictures, and videos thru that channel, where they will be more accessible to a wider audience.  I don’t know how we’ll coordinate the two, but we’ll burn that bridge when we come to it –

Please help spread the word, and we hope to see all of you in even more places on the web in the days and years ahead!

• This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by tadol.
        Hank
        Participant

Hope we who don’t use FB can still View the New FB page ??

indexless
          Keymaster

Stop hoping. In order to see the Facebook page, you have to be on Facebook….if you want the ride, you got to buy the ticket….not our rules

bert
            Participant

Rich, much success to you and SCGC in your new adventure, but… no no no to my joining f’book. I fully support what you are doing. I know that Collings has a large following on facebook, it’s the thing to do. Your wonderful ‘Podcast’ deserve a much higher profile (as well as other matters). In the mean time we’ll be here.

best regards, bert

indexless
              Keymaster

Bert and Hank,

I understand. Let me assure you that there will be “Forum only” special events. We put a ton of time into the Forum and we want SCGC to get the most visibility for these efforts. Tad and I had a very difficult and productive work sessions about 5 weeks back and what we came to was that Facebook was a necessary evil.

Please check out and like the page on YouTube is you would, all of the video podcasts are there

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCar2ZpEnmKOFv-0bGvlMW8w

I’m sorry for my shortness the other day, Tad and I had been putting in 10 hours a day on this project for a week, we were excited to share.

Hope you all enjoy

Chrisakadigdog
                Participant

Thanks for all your dedicated effort and love for this forums success.  It deserves and and more !

Hank
                  Participant

First place I come to after my coffee in the morning…..Hey Matt…coffee

Dannymeeg
                    Participant

I have set up a Facebook page specifically for groups like this. It’s an amazing format for the likes of this. I use an alias (my name loosely translated in Irish). I have set up the page so that no one can add me. It’s purely for guitar groups (and other interests). I have it set that only friends of my friends can add me and I didn’t add any friends (that’s the important part to note). Can you provide a link to this new page please? 🙂

Anonymous

I deleted my Facebook page/membership some years ago because of the obvious. I am interested in possibly doing what Dannymeeg has done though. Facebook has arranged things so that if you are not a member it is difficult to observe things on their platform. I do hope that companies like SC don’t set things up so that anti-Facebook people aren’t left out.

Hank
                          Participant

Ditto 

tadol
                          Senior Moderator

I wish I knew more about how social media like Facebook and such work. I’ve been on Facebook for a number of years, and avoided being very involved with it, but too many other friends and groups only use it for their posts and announcements, plus it seems posting videos can be much easier for many people.

The group page I’ve set up on Facebook is visible to anyone on Facebook, but I think I have it set so you need to request membership to post on it, just like this forum.  I will be trying to post interesting things on the Facebook group page, so that people seeing them will hopefully join us all here on this forum, but if they (like so many people) go on Facebook a few times every day, they may just look there. I’d encourage everyone to post on this Forum, but if something good gets posted on FB, I’ll try to add a link over here.  And vice-versa –

I won’t speak for anyone else, but I am very open to advice and ideas about how to share or link these different sites, and tie in the podcasts, and even get better links to the projects and postings our SC artists and forum members have on other sites. There’s a lot of good stuff out there, and I think our members can help sort the good stuff out, and share it with the rest of us.

This is OUR forum – what WE all want from it, and that we all can contribute, just helps make it a more fun and interesting place for all of us – and that includes inviting your friends, especially guitar appreciators, to join us, on whatever platform they prefer –

Hank
                              Participant

Thanks Tad…. You and Richard have done great things and I support you both in every way possible.

I look forward to a bright future for the SCGCPF

bert
                              Participant

As the world turns… the old forums from SC and Collings went off the air, diff reasons is my understanding. As a member I know the old Collings forum was a bee hive of activity, since the new forum came up it has been slow, slower and turtles are racing by. I never knew there was an old SC forum, my bad.

What I do know is the the Collings Facebook page is very active according to players I know.  It’s my opinion and hope that what you guys are doing will likely give things a boost and a smart move.

If I were on Facebook… there’s an x-wife out there that would hunt me down and make my life miserable again,

jus sayin.  🙂

bert

indexless
                                Keymaster

Bert,

My ex…my 59 and 60 LP, 52Tele, 36 national, 57 strat, 59 bassman 63 WHITE SG special, 67 Tele 71 D-35 63 Firebird 1, this is not the entire list, I wonder when she’s gonna pop back in my life…thanks for the memories

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by indexless.
                                    Dannymeeg
                                    Participant

Oh my!! That’s an unbelievable list of guitars!! Wow!!

I know I just posted a few posts ago but it’s super easy to set up a private page where no one can add you or message you, and you don’t see anything you don’t want to on your feed. Your information can be safe (as safe as it can be I guess). I literally just use it for a couple of groups and to follow a couple of guitar shops.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with this forum at all, I’m just use to Facebook groups and think the format works well for the likes of this! I’ll be sure to keep checking in here!

indexless
                                    Keymaster

That’s not all of them, she walked away with everything….ah California courts in the early 80’s…I miss the LP’s, the Tele’s the Strat, the Special, The Firebird and the Bassman the most……I don’t miss the Martin, awful guitar, I’m glad she got it

I’m relaying this info to Tad, he’s the God of Facebook

bert
                                      Participant

The old Jerry Reed song…. “She got the gold mine and I got the shaft”

seems appropriate about now

bert

Hank
                                        Participant

Speak not of the devil……or SHE shall appear.

Barber Derek
                                          Participant

I understand the FB concerns, I share them myself.  However, I did just request to join the SCGP Forum Group under “Derek Barber” (combination of actual name and vocation.). So far, like Dannymeeg, I’ve managed to use FB in a limited way and mostly kept their collective FB nose out of the part of my life I don’t want them to intrude in to.

Thanks Tad and Richard for your tireless work and efforts.

indexless
                                            Keymaster

BD   thanks! I think we can use the workarounds to keep everybody happy. It’s our goal to make SCGC more accessible to  a wider audience, maybe we’ll make some new friends and learn a little more about each other, music and great guitars

Viewing 16 reply threads
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.